Gaming HL2: Lost Coast Extremely short?

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago i did some nvidia offer from steam and got HL2 lost coast for free. I never played it until now. I beat the game in about 25 minutes of playing??
Why is it so short? I went on steam store and looked and its a $40 game and when I went to the page it's not a demo i have. The $40 page says
"You already own Half-Life 2: Lost Coast PLAY NOW"

Why is it very short? and $40?

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I have absolutely no idea why it is in the store, or so expensive, but it was originally a tech demo for the source engine to show off some HDR lighting they added. It's free to anybody who owns Half Life 2 as far as I know.

edit: It's £26.99 in the store because that's the price of the Half-Life Complete pack, which other than the Valve Complete Pack is the only pack it's listed in, so that becomes it's default price.

You wouldn't be buying the game itself for that price, you would be purchasing the entire pack. I'm pretty sure it comes free with Half Life 2 anyway.

3bbb7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have absolutely no idea why it is in the store, or so expensive, but it was originally a tech demo for the source engine using a cut section of Half Life 2 to show off some HDR lighting they added. It's free to anybody who owns Half Life 2 as far as I know.

edit: It's £26.99 in the store because that's the price of the Half-Life Complete pack, which other than the Valve Complete Pack is the only pack it's listed in, so that becomes it's default price.

You wouldn't be buying the game itself for that price, you would be purchasing the entire pack. I'm pretty sure it comes free with Half Life 2 anyway.
Since I own the game on steam, do I technically own all the games that come in the pack that costs $40? :D

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
I have absolutely no idea why it is in the store, or so expensive, but it was originally a tech demo for the source engine using a cut section of Half Life 2 to show off some HDR lighting they added. It's free to anybody who owns Half Life 2 as far as I know.

Since I own the game on steam, do I technically own all the games that come in the pack that costs $40? :D

Nope. Lost Coast is a freebie, but the rest of the pack isn't.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is that short. It's just a small segment that was cut from HL2.
No idea why it's $40.
It is not cut content, rather a spin from the half life universe that is used to demonstrate new additions to the Source engine.
It is cut content.

http://half-life.wikia.com/wiki/Half-Life_2:_Lost_Coast

You can check out that one art book thingy too, which says the same thing. The final demo most likely differs considerably from what the original scenario was--but its origins are as cut content.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44