• No

Votes: 55 14.1%

• Total voters

gesaugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
HiyaCFW is basically out because the source code has been released and it can be compiled into a .NDS file.
It uses arm7, though, which can't be accessed by any other homebrew exploit besides RocketLauncher, which isn't even released yet.
So yeah, you need RocketLauncher to use HiyaCFW.
ok, thnx
and as I you've said in RocketL thread, for installing RL I need DSiware exploit and Flipnote/DSi Browser exploit? Or just one of those two?

Basically what I'm interested is what I can hack now to prepare my DSi for HiyaCFW?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
ok, thnx
and as I you've said in RocketL thread, for installing RL I need DSiware exploit and Flipnote/DSi Browser exploit? Or just one of those two?

Basically what I'm interested is what I can hack now to prepare my DSi for HiyaCFW?
Only one of these two. If you don't have an exploitable DSiWare but you have Flipnote/DSi Browser, you will need to wait for the new exploit. Either way, you have to wait for RocketLauncher to come out before you can use HiyaCFW.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could developers add some kind of shortcut wifi on/off switch in HiyaCFW?
Remember nothing on a DSi stays running when an app loads, for anything like that to work the app must be run through some middleware like nds-bootstrap

Besides there are no real advantages to turning off wireless except getting the yellow led to go away and having to waste time the next occasion you use it, lol

Reactions: Tarmfot

gesaugen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only one of these two. If you don't have an exploitable DSiWare but you have Flipnote/DSi Browser, you will need to wait for the new exploit. Either way, you have to wait for RocketLauncher to come out before you can use HiyaCFW.
I have DSi browser installed, so i should wait for DSi browser exploit...
Can the DSiWare be installed now or the DSi should have come with it before?

also a "game" "a little bit of.. brain training arts edition" came with my DSi - can I deinstall it?

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
Remember nothing on a DSi stays running when an app loads, for anything like that to work the app must be run through some middleware like nds-bootstrap

Besides there are no real advantages to turning off wireless except getting the yellow led to go away and having to waste time the next occasion you use it, lol

Ok. I understand.
But I just mean a shorcut when in HiyaCFW before launching anything. Not when in app.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was researching DSi Version Riegons, besides the ones listed below, are there any other reigons that I forgot?
1.4.5u, 1.4.5e, 1.4.5j
Thanks in advance.
There might be an Australian and Korean one(?) but what would the letter be?
Maybe I'm oversimplifying things?
(I know this isn't very related to HiyaCFW, just didn't want to make a whole new thread for this.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I was researching DSi Version Riegons, besides the ones listed below, are there any other reigons that I forgot?
1.4.5u, 1.4.5e, 1.4.5j
Thanks in advance.
There might be an Australian and Korean one(?) but what would the letter be?
Maybe I'm oversimplifying things?
(I know this isn't very related to HiyaCFW, just didn't want to make a whole new thread for this.
The letter for Australia is A, while Korea is K. 1.4.5A, 1.4.5K.
Korean DSi systems can't be exploited though because neither DSi Browser nor Flipnote have been released there AFAIK.

Jacklack3

( ゚ヮ゚) buddie was here
Trophies
Website
jackomix.neocities.org
XP
Country
Canada
So the DSi is now gonna be hackable like the 3DS after like 10 years maybe? Anyways I already asked a question like this along the lines but if I have a hacked 3DS, isn't this a bit pointless? I know you can't run DSiware with a flashcart (why?) but most of the dsiware is on the (fre)eshop already.

i mean, i'm not trying to put this down, this is pretty sweet. just wonderin'.

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
So the DSi is now gonna be hackable like the 3DS after like 10 years maybe? Anyways I already asked a question like this along the lines but if I have a hacked 3DS, isn't this a bit pointless? I know you can't run DSiware with a flashcart (why?) but most of the dsiware is on the (fre)eshop already.

We have been able to make custom DSiWare and run it on 3DS, but now using HiyaCFW we will be able to install it on actual DSi hardware. It's going to be kinda hackable at the same level as the 3DS, but I'm still wondering if RocketLauncher can brick-proof a DSi system like Priiloader on the Wii or boot9strap on the 3DS.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I have some DSi Ware that I lost on my broken 3DS so with hiya im gonna try get it back

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
We have been able to make custom DSiWare and run it on 3DS, but now using HiyaCFW we will be able to install it on actual DSi hardware. It's going to be kinda hackable at the same level as the 3DS, but I'm still wondering if RocketLauncher can brick-proof a DSi system like Priiloader on the Wii or boot9strap on the 3DS.
It's as brick proof as using emunand on the 3DS with our current information of it. Don't install anything on the nand and you're safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, yep +1