Hitman's IO Interactive and Square Enix Split

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Prans, May 11, 2017.

1. jerzmob

jerzmob GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2007
    United States
    no one cares about hitman...we need to "hit"woman

:thumbsup:

migles likes this.
  2. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    They could make an amazing game with endless amounts of ways to stealthy kill the enemies and use different costumes. A mix of Hitman, Metal Gear and Splinter Cell into one would be pretty exciting.

eriol33 likes this.
  3. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    the example doesnt even work since the main post was the main company keeping the IPS and getting ride of the talent, nintendo did not keep any of rare's exclusive IPs at all tahts why xbox1 rare replay has jet force gemini,banjo games,conker games,perfect dark,killer instinct,etc.

so your example failed completely since nintendo didnt let rare go and kept the ips, the only rare games nintendo kept was becuase they borrowed nintendo ips to make those games like donkey kong and such, all original rare ips were sold with them.

4. Skompc

Skompc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Sony's PlayStation was a direct result of this.. not to mention the *shudders* Zelda CDI games

5. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Did you even read what we were talking about?? Because what you have said has nothing to do with or conversation we were talking about big game publishers buying other companies then destroying them that has nothing to do with what happened with the Snes cd system and nintendo/sony/Phillips

6. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Saiyan Lusitano and Prans like this.
  7. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
  8. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i dkn if that is a good thing imo, square atleast had funding and now being indy they wont be able to do alot of the stuff they wanted too due to budget constraints and if they start putting stuff on kickstarter then its bye be hitman.

9. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    At least we don't see any of that episodic shit SquareEnix is doing. I still can't believe that FF7R is going to be episodic as well - do they expect people to wait to finish the game until the next episode is released? They're stark raving mad.

10. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Cloud: "I must defeat sephiroth!"
    Sephiroth: "sup?"
    Cloud: "I'll kill you before you can kill this planet!"

*Please purchase final episode of final fantasy 7 remake for the PlayStation 6. Have a nice day.*

11. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Bit optimistic huh? You know they are going to work in an online one time fee to transfer the save.

12. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Or sell an idle time cheater app as dlc like they did to sell the cleaned up build of it for steam.