Votes: 7 6.9%

• Total voters

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have successfully downgraded my o3ds using this method. But now Oothax and browserhax stopped working.
You are going to have to update the payload for OoTHax with the homebrew launcher the same way you installed it. For browserhax, delete cookies and whatnot, and then go to yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php in your browser. It should determine what exploit to launch.

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
old 3ds 9.90 e
It mau y be an issue with some o3DS's but I would try to redownload everything, including the file attached to the original post. If that doesn't work, then I have no idea. I would test this out myself but I only have a n3DS

King Zargo

I'm a Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
You are going to have to update the payload for OoTHax with the homebrew launcher the same way you installed it. For browserhax, delete cookies and whatnot, and then go to yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php in your browser. It should determine what exploit to launch.
Browserhax still wont load after deleting cookies and clearing all save data.

raizeny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just tried in a O3DS 10.3, that i just re-updated it after an unsuccessful downgrade to 9.2.0 (it actually downgraded but it was kinda buggy)
And It didn't work, I've tried to run the editted boot.3dsx (the sysupdater one) through the menuhax, but menuhax didn't install, IDK why, then I've tried to directly run the boot.3dsx through the browser and it started the sysupdater but it froze.
Thanks btw

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I succeded to downgrade my 10.3 O3DS to 9.2 but now I'm in the same case than his

Same thing here the first time I downgraded, I thought it was just my case so I got to 10.3 again and now I can't get to 9.2.0....
life punishes.

Sp4rks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recently have found a way to boot sysUpdater with a higher success rate. I have tested this with my N3DS 10.3.0-28U and it worked in the first try.

First, you have to use an entry point and install menuhax.

Once that is done, download the attached sysUpdater build by @julian20 and extract it. Then place 'sysUpdater.3dsx' NOT 'sysUpdater.smdh' onto the root of your 3ds sd card.

Now either back up the 'boot.3dsx' or rename it, as long as there is no longer a file with the name mentioned on your sd card. Now rename the 'sysUpdater.3dsx' that you placed on your sd card to 'boot.3dsx'.

Next, you need to create a folder called updates on the root of your sd card. You then have to download the cias that you will be using to downgrade and place them in the updates folder you created (can't help you here). Now put your sd card in your 3ds and launch via menuhax.

It should now work with a higher success rate then before.

Please comment to let me know if this worked for you.

Edit: This may also have a better chance for installing legit cias with FBI. I haven't tried this myself, so can someone confirm this? Use this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-install-legit-cia-files-above-9-3.407854/) and do the same thing with the FBI.3dsx file. So far there have been no confirmed reports, but still feel free to try.

Edit 2: This does not work with increasing the success rate when installing legit CIA's with FBI. Oh well, it was worth the try.

Man, just created an account to thank you for this. I spent literally HOURS launching sysUpdate over and over again, I tried different sysUpdater versions, nothing was working properly (I went mad seeing this "Failed getting CIA info...").
I'm on N3DSXL, was on 10.3.0.28E, and with your method it worked first try (it even rebooted by itself at the end).
Don't have installed anything for the CFM yet but I may have a look at this this afternoon, so if you have advices feel free to share :)

Thanks again!!!

ZoneBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm somewhat new here... Does this downgrade work even if you haven't made any backups? Can it be done through Ninjhax?

edit:nvm Just realized that this isn't the original downgrade thread. I'll see you guys on the other side :>

Last edited by ZoneBlaze,

nandu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't had much luck with this either.

It worked like a charm on my Ice White o3DS that had 10.3, but my Cosmo Black o3DS which is on 9.5 and AC XL which is on 10.3 seem to have issues, it either gets stuck on step 5 or the red text glitches out :/

I kinda want to try this on the n3DS which is my main, but I'm nervous about losing all the stuff lol

Sp4rks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I haven't had much luck with this either.

It worked like a charm on my Ice White o3DS that had 10.3, but my Cosmo Black o3DS which is on 9.5 and AC XL which is on 10.3 seem to have issues, it either gets stuck on step 5 or the red text glitches out :/

I kinda want to try this on the n3DS which is my main, but I'm nervous about losing all the stuff lol

The version of sysUpdater I've just used goes straight to the screen where you can press Y to launch the downgrade process. No need to pass the 8 steps like on the one that you have.
I've tried different versions so I may be wrong but I'm almost sure that I used julian20's version. You can find it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820

KobraXMW

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the OP if you still haven't gotten this to work. I attached a different build of sysUpdater to help those who need it.

D

Deleted User

I would like to note that I successfully downgraded two 10.3U O3DS consoles to 9.2U using Julian's build of SysUpdater. Not sure where else to put this, but from my experience it seems to be far more successful.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I just got friendzoned by the girl i like :sleep:
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :ohnoes: oh wait.. Here they are. Thought I lost my Chips Ahoy cookies :cry:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sorry I sat on them when they were open
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And...