Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
gumgod said:
Y2JosHBK said:
my post got deleted for God knows why, but Super Peach is a great platformer

This game is also very amusing when taken out of context... The story starts something like this...

Bowser moves to vibe island and acquires a new vibrator vibe scepter ...
Bowser's new vibrator vibe scepter is super powerful and gives him great joy when he uses it on Mario and Luigi.
Princess peach gets all emotional when she finds Bowser stole Mario using his scepter goes to find him herself.
She takes a special umbrella with her and goes to vibe island. There she's able to collect special batteries crystals that charge up her "vibe" which allows her to use her extreme emotions...

And it just goes down hill from there...

actual opening scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i58s0xzmsRU

That was beautifully told...lol.

Time Hollow was ok for a game of that genre (which I don't play)
I like Mario Hoops 3 on 3...Amusing game

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
TehSkull said:
Sora de Eclaune said:
gumgod said:
use her extreme emotions..

I'm sorry if this sounds wrong and/or disgusting, but may I ask if the entire game takes place during her period?
yes.
It's amazing what you can get by with in games if you simply rename the concept and make it seem like it's nothing similar to the image it's trying to convey.

gumgod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JinTrigger said:
gumgod said:
Y2JosHBK said:
my post got deleted for God knows why, but Super Peach is a great platformer

This game is also very amusing when taken out of context... The story starts something like this...

Bowser moves to vibe island and acquires a new vibrator vibe scepter ...
Bowser's new vibrator vibe scepter is super powerful and gives him great joy when he uses it on Mario and Luigi.
Princess peach gets all emotional when she finds Bowser stole Mario using his scepter goes to find him herself.
She takes a special umbrella with her and goes to vibe island. There she's able to collect special batteries crystals that charge up her "vibe" which allows her to use her extreme emotions...

And it just goes down hill from there...

actual opening scenes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i58s0xzmsRU

That was beautifully told...lol.

Time Hollow was ok for a game of that genre (which I don't play)
I like Mario Hoops 3 on 3...Amusing game

Thank you. Maybe my mind is in the gutter, but I laughed out loud the first time I played it.

StolenPaper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Y2JosHBK said:
TWEWY, Pheonix Wright, Henry Hatsworth, Ghost Trick, Super Princess Peach just to name a few

TWEWY, Phoenix and Ghost Trick were amazing games. Especially TWEWY and Phoenix Wright: Justice for All.

tlyee61

le dancing Tyranitar~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime
Moon
Plants VS Zombies
Desktop Tower Defense
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Asphalt 2: Urban GT
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble
Nanostray 1 & 2
True Swing Golf
Meteos
Need for Speed Carbon
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Lost Magic
Puyo Pop Fever
Yoshi Touch & Go
Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers
Point Blank DS
Tenchu: Dark Secret
MechAssault: Phantom War
GoldenEye: Rogue Agent
Hotel Dusk Room 215
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
Megaman ZX
Megaman ZX Advent
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team
Magical Starsign
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
Kirby Squeak Squad
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Pokemon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Nintendogs
Lost in Blue
Starfox Command
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time
Yoshi's Island DS
Mine RC Rally
Contact

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
StolenPaper said:
Y2JosHBK said:
TWEWY, Pheonix Wright, Henry Hatsworth, Ghost Trick, Super Princess Peach just to name a few

TWEWY, Phoenix and Ghost Trick were amazing games. Especially TWEWY and Phoenix Wright: Justice for All.

None of those are hidden in the least. I also didn't like TWEWY and thought that Justice for All was the worst out of the three Phoenix Wright games. :3

QUOTE(tlyee61 @ Feb 18 2011, 10:06 PM)
Dragon Quest Rocket Slime
Moon
Plants VS Zombies
Desktop Tower Defense
Age of Empires: The Age of Kings
Diddy Kong Racing DS
Asphalt 2: Urban GT
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble
Nanostray 1 & 2
True Swing Golf
Meteos

None of the Dragon Quest games are hidden gems in the least. Everybody knows about them, even the ones considered obscure. Plants Vs Zombies, Diddy Kong Racing, Meteos, and the Nanostray games are also ones I would consider far from hidden gems. They are well known for the most part. The rest are either actually hidden gems, or just aren't all that good (Viewtiful Joe on the DS was disappointing as hell).

Skariz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd consider Dragon Quest : Rocket Slime a hidden gem since I don't hear many people talking about it and most people just stick with the dragon quest rpgs. Rocket Slime is one of my favorite DS games too.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Age of Empires on the DS are nowhere near hidden... just forgotten, mainly. it does have some replayability in it, but not much i guess...

and Plants VS Zombies? everybody knows them, even if they haven't played it.

Supreme Dirt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Off the top of my head:

SaGa 2, the remake of the second SaGa game for gameboy that you might know as The Final Fantasy Legend 2. There's a translation patch by crimson nocturne.

Space Invaders Extreme 2. I'm not quite sure how it went under the radar.

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. I'm only listing this because I know a lot of people passed it over after being disappointed with Phantom Hourglass, but they vastly improved on the gameplay and it's very worth playing.

Drone Tactics, a very good strategy game. Can be a bit easy sometimes. For those skeptical, it involves bugs with laser cannons.

Rondo of Swords, another commonly overlooked strategy game. I haven't played it much, but it has pretty fluid gameplay.

I've got a large list of these somewhere.

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Suikoden Tierkreis is an oft-overlooked but incredibly fun turn-based JRPG. You get 108 different characters, about 90 of which can go into your party of 4.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lost Magic is an awesome RPG-RTS-ish game where you are a wizard and you have to send out monsters and cast spells and stuff. As far as I know it's not exactly well known either.

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Etrian Odyssey I, II & III are all wonderful RPG's - but very difficult, too. They're seriously addictive, though, and the music is absolutely fantastic.

The Dark Spire deserves a mention, too - the gameplay was somewhat flawed, but its audiovisual presentation was among the best - if not /the/ best - I've seen on the DS.
Its dark sense of humor definitely helps, too.

Of course, both the Shin Megami Tensei (Devil Survivor & Strange Journey) are brilliant, too.
I'd recommend playing the latter first; the former will get a 3DS re-release of sorts, and while it is a brilliant game, the 3DS version will likely be better, if only for the difficulty being changeable.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Scurge: Hive was thoroughly enjoyable in my book...
yaynds.gif

Magical Starsign however, wasn't....
hate2.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
Scurge: Hive was thoroughly enjoyable in my book...
yaynds.gif

I tried twice to get into that game, but I just couldn't. Everything about it seemed really good, really Metroid-esque. But I think it was the isometric view that screwed me up. I had issues with controlling the main character because of the graphics. It's still a good game in my book too, but I think that design is gonna hang some folks up.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread has made me realize that there's still a myriad of games that I need to get for the DS before I get my 3DS. I'm going to go broke before I know it ; ;. I saw both versions of Scurge:Hive in a bargain bin at a Family store earlier today - bought both for $3.99. (The GBA one was 99 cents and the DS one was 3 dollars.) I've yet to play either (I'll probably go with the DS one and let my brother play the GBA one), but man, I love those bins. I saw a few other gems in there as well (Mario Pinball Land AND Mario Tennis GBA for $1.50? Yes Please), but they didn't have any other titles listed here. I want to pick up Radiant Historia, Nostalgia and Suikoden Tierkreis, but those are all still pretty expensive over here.

I'd also like to mention Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (and EXCEED, if you can read Japanese. I'm not very good at reading it, at all, but I've managed to beat it. Excellent title.) It's a lot of fun, and it isn't exactly "main stream." Also, it's not really a "hidden" gem, but it's often over looked - Batman: The Brave and the Bold for the DS. Super campy, super cheesy, but it's just so much fun.

JBW

Trophies
XP
Country
Supreme Dirt said:
Off the top of my head:

SaGa 2, the remake of the second SaGa game for gameboy that you might know as The Final Fantasy Legend 2. There's a translation patch by crimson nocturne.

Space Invaders Extreme 2. I'm not quite sure how it went under the radar.

Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks. I'm only listing this because I know a lot of people passed it over after being disappointed with Phantom Hourglass, but they vastly improved on the gameplay and it's very worth playing.

Drone Tactics, a very good strategy game. Can be a bit easy sometimes. For those skeptical, it involves bugs with laser cannons.

Rondo of Swords, another commonly overlooked strategy game. I haven't played it much, but it has pretty fluid gameplay.

I've got a large list of these somewhere.
Its the other way round for me, I thought Phantom Hourglass was fantastic but i never could finish Spirit Tracks, mainly due to the train. I hate the train...

Back on topic, I think Etrian Odyssey III was great but very hard.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i've heard that some of the imagine games (that's right) are really good.
either that or...mini ninjas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I never realized askejeves is just ask.com now lol