Hacking Here's what we know about how Gateway works...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
RenegadeKid Lolwut? I'm confused at the picture. What's that got to do with those who can't use it with 6.x firmware?:blink: Why did you quote me again? :wacko: Please elaborate why you posted the picture in response to my concerns.....

Can't really afford to spend that much money for a while, I just got a 3DS XL by trading in my regular 3DS (and paid the difference, but that system too wasn't 4.x.x), but I'll turn off the WiFi/internet connection and won't get any new games until the new versions are supported ;)

Besides, there's no way to tell if it's 4.5.x before getting it.

BTW, why the crap did RenegadeKid quote what I said with a picture?

Edit: ninja'd
It's my new sign, check out my previous post, actuallly i was talking about the Wii U since you mentioned the Wii hack.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the timing on that whole gateway thing was really bad. I updated to 5.X way before it was known that the gateway would require 4.5!

with the ps3 everything was different. the current firmware 3.x was hacked in january 2011 and there wasn't any update to prevent the jailbreak. then sony brought the newer 3.56 update that fixed the algo error and everyone was warned and knew that updating would prevent the CFW usability.

here we all updated and then they said: STAY ON 4.5! bad timing, guys. if you want our money, get that device fixed for current FW.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France
well the timing on that whole gateway thing was really bad. I updated to 5.X way before it was known that the gateway would require 4.5!

here we all updated and then they said: STAY ON 4.5! bad timing, guys. if you want our money, get that device fixed for current FW.

Neimod actually said this months ago. He said we should stay on 4.5.

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, but the gateway team didn't. so I accidentally updated to 5.X before the announced their product requirements. lets hope they keep their promises and make it work on newer FW.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, but the gateway team didn't. so I accidentally updated to 5.X before the announced their product requirements. lets hope they keep their promises and make it work on newer FW.

I want to believe

This.
4.5 all the way baby!
Really appreciate the words of encouragement. T'would be a shame if your 3DS was updated behind your back, oh yes, say a friend or a sibling happened to get a hold of your precious 4.5 3DS and prepped an accident to happen :evil: Oh and thanks for rubbing it in and making us relive our mistakes, really helps get me through the day :P

Keep it up

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to believe

Really appreciate the words of encouragement. T'would be a shame if your 3DS was updated behind your back. Thanks for rubbing it in, really helps get me through the day :P

No probs!
Also, there is no need for me to update, 'cause i already got my ambasador games (plus some other eShop purchases), and Zelda OoT, MK:7,NSMB2 and Super Mario 3D Land. I'm happy with that, so i don't need an update.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No probs!
Also, there is no need for me to update, 'cause i already got my ambasador games (plus some other eShop purchases), and Zelda OoT, MK:7,NSMB2 and Super Mario 3D Land. I'm happy with that, so i don't need an update.

T'would be a real shame if something were to happen to your precious, immaculate 3DS and it falling into the wrong hands.:evil::evil:

But GW will find a way...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm just tired of the cat and mouse patching game... I wish a permanent anti-Nintendo hack would surface. Something that can not only block Nintendo's updates, but also run newer games by bypassing the update partition in the game carts. Then, we would win, just like we did with the Wii.

Reactions: jalaneme and Boy12

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm just tired of the cat and mouse patching game... I wish a permanent anti-Nintendo hack would surface. Something that can not only block Nintendo's updates, but also run newer games by bypassing the update partition in the game carts. Then, we would win, just like we did with the Wii.

This.

RenegadeKid

Trophies
XP
Country
France

I feel for you man, I'm sorry for this, well maybe it works on 5.1 but they wanted to wait a little so they decided to make the flashcart work on 4.1-4.5 first. Be optimistic, The region lock is already bypassed.

Trust them, they never lied. And ok they can make big bucks with this flashcart, but don't forget dudes they are still taking risks, like lawpursuits.

So just support them, be patient, and enjoy what you have now:)

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I want to believe
T'would be a shame if your 3DS was updated behind your back, oh yes, say a friend or a sibling happened to get a hold of your precious 4.5 3DS and prepped an accident to happen :evil:

Keep it up

Wifi = off + when we are getting friends or family over, it's going in the closet ;)
Sorry, thought you ment you where on 4.5 :(
But i'm sure there must be exploits or flaws in the newer firmwares.
Coding isn't always perfect.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Sony's firmwares once in a while brick people's consoles. There was one in 2.xx that did it, and a recent one in 4.4x that did too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169