Hacking (HENkaku) Homebrew Request Thread

zeon_xp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone make an unofficial PS4 Link for 3.60 PSVita version? It requires the last firmware to work, even in local mode.

ArtistofLegacy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to request a stand-alone port of Cave Story.
There's already one, and it's a part of RetroArch (nxengine). However, there's apparently an inventory bug. I haven't tried it to see for myself, and it's been reported days ago, so I'm not entirely sure if it got fixed at some point.

hardy272

Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to ask for a nice version of YouTube, you know, like the app that we used to have, I know you can watch YouTube from the browser but IMHO I think that would be convenient a dedicated app for it.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

SentaiBrad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a request that I think would be fairly unique. Zelda Classic is a Zelda Quest editor, but also a player for other users quests. Think EasyRPG for the Vita, but a single Quest file instead of a folder of a game. I've also read in a reply to a thread on their forums, that one of the devs (in 2015) would love to see this game ported to Wii, PSP, and other hack-able platforms. This could also be awesome on the New3DS (I am unsure the 3DS could, but if he thought the PSP could then I assume the 3DS could as well).

It is written in Allegro, with it's source code in a link below.

The only thing I can think would be problematic would be the various versions that exist. I believe that the user has to make a quest for the various versions of the tools. There are several major versions that are supported. I know for a fact that tilesets for example, are very version specific. I don't quite remember if that applies for quests, but I recall that being the case.

Anyways, here are the various links to help.

ZC 1.00 through 2.50.1 http://www.zeldaclassic.com/downloads.php
ZC 2.50.2 http://www.purezc.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=68548&p=977794
The Source Code (Open Source) https://github.com/ArmageddonGames/ZeldaClassic

This has been previously ported to the Wii, and even potentially the PSP. I've only seen mentions of the PSP, and actual links for the Wii version, however the Wii version was admittedly (by the creator) sloppy, so I am unsure if that can even help in this case.

If anyone is curious in doing this, I would be very happy and grateful! I think this could be a really really good port.

Sites to download quests from:

http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=quests
https://rpgmaker.net/games/?name_fi...&commercial=&sort=-total_downloads&portal=yes
http://www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/qdb.php

Reactions: jastolze

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to develop an homebrew app that can either A: Allow you to swap memory cards without rebooting or B: Transfer data between Psvitas (or Pstv) through ftp? I have a Vita and pstv and I'd like a quick way to transfer between the two without resetting the system.

ma16v3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requesting a Netflix app(or an app that connects to some streaming service)
I understand Netflix has released their code(for something, presumably for compiling an application to use the service). Either that or a way to bypass the PSN log-in requirement, as that is no longer valid since 3.61 is now a thing.

Also a question. What will it take to mount external storage via USB(PSTV) or network(Vita and PSTV) so those of us with not-64GB cards can actually go hogwild with loading our roms.

dakken21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like some simple way to get rid of the featured tab on the pstv. Because it is obnoxious and needs to die, once and for all. Thank you.

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's better saved for when we actually have devs in here, but it'd be nice to start a section for original HB suggestions rather than ports and tools (Like Memcard swapper and the store)

PSSceneIsBestScene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think a PS Store application for .vpk files is in the works by a well known PS3 developer.
I personally would love to see Kodi on the Vita, with touch screen support.
Most of all i would love to see lots more Homebrew games :)

There is a Comic Book Reader that was usable on the PS Vita via PSM, i wonder if it would be possible to convert that to a .vpk file ?

Last edited by PSSceneIsBestScene,
Reactions: Venom Intellect

Venom Intellect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a PS Store application for .vpk files is in the works by a well known PS3 developer.
I personally would love to see Kodi on the Vita, with touch screen support.
Most of all i would love to see lots more Homebrew games :)

There is a Comic Book Reader that was usable on the PS Vita via PSM, i wonder if it would be possible to convert that to a .vpk file ?
Who Might That PS3 Dev be? :)

Venom Intellect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20110507_homebrewstore_v2.50_(psp_application).bmp

A General Layout Idea.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)