The HB store was awesome.

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk

Juano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I dont know if is a dumb impossible request but...how about a Android emulator?...Pokemon go on the vita *¬*

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Another cool homebrew for the PSTV would be a Sixaxis enabler to enable motion controls on the Vita (as the Vita uses the same Sixaxis sensors as the Sixaxis and Dual Shock 3 iirc). That would be awesome for games like Gravity Rush as the gravity slide requires motion control.

Reactions: CuriousTommy

kftX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't believe anyone has suggested this yet but Moonlight seems like a perfect fit on the Vita. I don't about the viability but considering Moonlight runs on pretty much anything that can decode video it seems like it is very viable.

For those that don't know what Moonlight is:

Moonlight Website said:
Moonlight (formerly known as Limelight) is an open source implementation of NVIDIA's GameStream protocol. We implemented the protocol used by the NVIDIA Shield and wrote a set of 3rd party clients.

What does this mean for you? Moonlight allows you to stream your collection of games from your GameStream-compatible PC to any supported device and play them remotely. Moonlight is perfect for gameplay on the go without sacrificing the graphics quality of your gaming computer.

This project is also open-sauce and you can find it here: https://github.com/moonlight-stream

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playstation vita mirrorcast? :P
Compatible with playstation 3, playstation tv and android tv devices.... Okay i went too far, not that possible. But what about remote joy like thing for pc to display psvit on PC screen?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't believe anyone has suggested this yet but Moonlight seems like a perfect fit on the Vita. I don't about the viability but considering Moonlight runs on pretty much anything that can decode video it seems like it is very viable.

For those that don't know what Moonlight is:

This project is also open-sauce and you can find it here: https://github.com/moonlight-stream
Actually, many suggested it[emoji14]

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Playstation vita mirrorcast?[emoji14]Compatible with playstation 3, playstation tv and android tv devices.... Okay i went too far, not that possible. But what about remote joy like thing for pc to display psvit on PC screen?
Indeed, remotejoy Vita would be pretty awesome.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Request:

Equivalent to 3DS TinyFormat.

I've gotten a spare VITA that came with a 'problematic' 32GB memory card. The problem is that the VITA refuses to format it and throws error C4-10278-8. It will rebuild database and seems to work fine. I can install HENkaku on it and access ux0. It shows up as the expected 30GB in System and Content Manager. Yet for some reason the VITA immediately refuses to format the card, without elaborating any further. Is the 'partition table' broken, is it something else? Who knows. I'm hoping somehow formatting it "regardless" of whatever the tool complains about might fix it.

On the 3DS there's a homebrew utility called 'TinyFormat' that bypasses the "normal" formatting procedure and just formats your SD card. Is it possible to create a utility that does something similar on the VITA (for external memory cards only, not the 2000 internal 1GB)?

As 'nice to have' maybe display any 'internal' info that the VITA keeps and other memorycard related stuff (since everything has to be done on the VITA as there is no VITA-to-SDCard adapter card yet).

Like the MemoryCardSwapper tool it will likely have to power off the VITA at the end.

Edited the edit:
When formatting from recovery menu, the Vita reboots, then it says it wants to format the card (which you just did) which results in the error. If, instead of pressing OK, you turn off the Vita then boot back into recovery and choose rebuild the database, the Vita reboots again and will rebuild the database with no issues and the card appears to work fine.

Last edited by SirByte,
Reactions: terminator1983

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Request:

Equivalent to 3DS TinyFormat.

I've gotten a spare VITA that came with a 'problematic' 32GB memory card. The problem is that the VITA refuses to format it and throws error C4-10278-8. It will rebuild database and seems to work fine. I can install HENkaku on it and access ux0. It shows up as the expected 30GB in System and Content Manager. Yet for some reason the VITA immediately refuses to format the card, without elaborating any further. Is the 'partition table' broken, is it something else? Who knows. I'm hoping somehow formatting it "regardless" of whatever the tool complains about might fix it.

On the 3DS there's a homebrew utility called 'TinyFormat' that bypasses the "normal" formatting procedure and just formats your SD card. Is it possible to create a utility that does something similar on the VITA (for external memory cards only, not the 2000 internal 1GB)?

As 'nice to have' maybe display any 'internal' info that the VITA keeps and other memorycard related stuff (since everything has to be done on the VITA as there is no VITA-to-SDCard adapter card yet).

Like the MemoryCardSwapper tool it will likely have to power off the VITA at the end.

Edit:
When formatting from recovery menu, there is no error but when the VITA restarts it wants to format the memorycard which results in the same error.
Iirc, tiny format does not format the SD. It formats the system without formatting the SD.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Iirc, tiny format does not format the SD. It formats the system without formatting the SD.

You are correct, it formats the SysNAND or EmuNAND. But the main thing was it bypasses the 'regular' format procedure. Come to speak of 3DS tools, other tools allow you to "unmount" the SD card so you can insert another card and perform operations on it, then take that one out and pop the original back in, and continue like nothing happened. I don't know if the VITA is as well understood as the 3DS, but that would be good too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.