Hacking Help with updating??

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all. Sorry once again if this has been posted before, but I don't see it. I'm new to all of this, and you all have been very nice and helpful, so thanks in advance.
bow.gif

I can't get GH5 to work. I seen on a thread that I need to update my wii, But I was told to never do that now that it has a soft mod or risk bricking it. So if that's what it needs, can someone please explaine to me how to do it (with links PLEASE)? I have USB loader GX. Thanks so much!!!!

yay.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
what is it with people and updating

it is safe to do but you DON'T need it

installing cIOS222 as 37 merged 36 should be enough
(if you use it with the loader of course)

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can update my wii through "traditional" ways? It even warns me not to do it if it's moded.

Also can you send me links to those programs and explaine how to use them? I'm so sorry to be a pain in the butt, but we all had to learn sometime, right?

Thanks!!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If you REALLY want to update, do so officially and follow xzxeros guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901

But for the cIOS222 thing, heres the installer: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?metitjemny2
it needs a wifi connection

0) boot it with the HBC, remove all GC memory cards
1) Use IOS249 if it asks to
2) choose IOS222. Install as 37 merged with 36
3) you can also install IOS223 as 38 merged 36 if you want
4) In GX, use IOS222 instead of 249

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I Downloaded the file. DO i just stick it in the root? When I did that All I see is my apps/Cios/boot.dol that has always been they to DL IOS38 REV14

I must be doing something wrong.

When I get done running these "Programs" to install the custome IOS's can I delete the files (such as the one you just had me DL?)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
from the file I gave you, extract the cios_installer folder to the apps folder on the sd card and do as I said in my previous post.
Then you can delete the files if you want

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TJ, I did what you said and now when I load my USB loader I just get a black screen. how do I config my loader to load from 222?

JuggaletteENJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no errors. Actually all went well. You said to config the USB loader to boot with 222. I don't know how to do that. But after running the installer twice (to install both versions you said to install) theyusb loader turns on, gives me the load screen for about 2 seconds, and then just goesblack and freezes.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Juggalette, you probably have a new Wii and he probably gave you the v3 version of the cIOS. The pair are incompatible. Check the IOS222/223 page in the tutorial in my sig to get the latest version and instructions for installation and use with Configurable USB Loader.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Dr. Clipper said:
Juggalette, you probably have a new Wii and he probably gave you the v3 version of the cIOS. The pair are incompatible. Check the IOS222/223 page in the tutorial in my sig to get the latest version and instructions for installation and use with Configurable USB Loader.
is that so?
that can be true, I don't remember updating the link...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
Dr. Clipper said:
is that so?
that can be true, I don't remember updating the link...
Yeah, recent Wiis couldn't use Hermes' IOS until v4, which only released a couple of days ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...