Hacking Emulator Help with Retroarch Vita

RossiPosse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm fairly new to the Vita/ Henkaku thing. Picked one up with Henkaku etc already installed, everything has worked a treat but I'm having issues getting retroarch to run anything.
Ive tried the latest build and an older 1.8.9, I've installed data folders, updated the assets etc but every time I try to launch a SNES, Megadrive or MAME ROM I get the initial splash screen but afterwards it's either a black screen or a coloured block, I've tested my ROMs through snes9x etc on my phone and all work flawless so I'm really confused, any help would be much much appreciated, cheers :)

Hector_B

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First thing to try would be deleting retoarch config open vitashell go to ux0:/data/retroarch and delete retroarch.cfg
Then check your romsets mame2003 = MAME 0.78 roms and mame2000 = MAME 0.37b5 roms

RossiPosse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've ignored MAME stuff for the time being as I know it can be a fiddle at the best of times.

So, I've deleted everything off, redownloaded the vpk and data files from retroarch website.
Installed the data file then then the vpk,
Started retroarch and quit to save the config,
Restarted retroarch again and downloaded the latest assetts, tried a ROM and just get a black screen still

Edit: I think I've possibly solved it, did. Reinstall and transferred files from the pc rather through mobile ftp and I've got some rubbing now, guessing it was dodgy FTP from mobile perhaps :)

Last edited by RossiPosse,
Reactions: Anderxale

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yo my sexys! Care to tell me the secret to overlays on this marvelous game player?
The NES one, animated one, that shows the button presses, slaps in the dead center of the screen two buttons, and that is not sexy.
I use that overlay on my computer with no stress.
I like it muchly.

What overlays do you sexy gameware playing homies use?

Tell me. All of it. You sexy succubi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo