Hacking help with r4 sdhc , stuck on "Loading..."

sandwichwater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update : working now , unsure why , only seems to work on my japanese dsi for some reason

hello all , ive just picked up an r4 card from this link and i simply cannot get it working , its always stuck on "Loading..." and never loads , unless these take an insanely long time to load ... the game that shows up is some called deep labyrinth , has a sword with sparkles as the artwork . ive tried around 4 different kernels , being the one from the site on the card itself (r4isdhc.com.cn) , the popular two that seem to be ace3ds+ , and another one someone else linked (cant find it at the moment) . ive reformatted to fat32 several times and even tried using a different microsd than what has come with the r4 itself , is there a specific way i need to reformat it ¿ i would also like to add that i am using an original 3ds

any help would be so appreciated , id like to hope i didnt just blow away a good bit of money on this , im just confused as so many people have seemed to have no issues yet mine seems to have every issue

Last edited by sandwichwater,

sandwichwater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nope still no luck , that is essentially what ive already done all those times , just with a different formatter and a bit longer time . i appreciate your help though
Then try another SD card. I'm absolutely certain this is the correct kernel for this cart.

And ideally, stick to the formatter in the guide instead of the Windows one, the Windows one rarely does anything properly (just like its company)

sandwichwater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then try another SD card. I'm absolutely certain this is the correct kernel for this cart.

And ideally, stick to the formatter in the guide instead of the Windows one, the Windows one rarely does anything properly (just like its company)
yea ill stick with this formatter , thanks . i dont doubt this is the correct kernel , as nearly everywhere else ive found links to the same you did , others just have different folder names but still the same contents . i have tried a different sd card , ill try to find a third to test it out on as im really not sure what else could be the issue

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's also possible that the SD adapter is the problem, or maybe the SD slot needs some cleaning. It's a little odd that this is happening though, as the flashcart is detecting the SD card but nothing is happening. Wonder what's going on.

sandwichwater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's also possible that the SD adapter is the problem, or maybe the SD slot needs some cleaning. It's a little odd that this is happening though, as the flashcart is detecting the SD card but nothing is happening. Wonder what's going on.
that could be , wonder if something inside got banged around in shipping . and yea , it does detect the sd card just seemingly loads forever , as well as detects when it gets removed as it will say sd/tf card error when removed . ill see if i can clean it but not quite sure how well ill be able to

sandwichwater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that could be , wonder if something inside got banged around in shipping . and yea , it does detect the sd card just seemingly loads forever , as well as detects when it gets removed as it will say sd/tf card error when removed . ill see if i can clean it but not quite sure how well ill be able to
nope , tried cleaning and another sd card both with no luck . i wonder if these can be taken apart and looked at on the inside

sandwichwater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
managed to get it working , somehow .. got a japanese dsi recently and decided "why not" and popped it in and it instantly worked flawlessly , no fiddling around was needed from when i previously tried at the beginning of the year . loads fast and games run perfectly , yet still loads endlessly on my 3ds , just odd to me

Reactions: Nikokaro

ShibaMaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
managed to get it working , somehow .. got a japanese dsi recently and decided "why not" and popped it in and it instantly worked flawlessly , no fiddling around was needed from when i previously tried at the beginning of the year . loads fast and games run perfectly , yet still loads endlessly on my 3ds , just odd to me
i have the same problem as you, can you give me that jp kernel
Post automatically merged:

i have the same problem as you, can you give me that jp kernel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just like subway they lie about length +1