Gaming Help with PC Upgrade?

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my computers really old and outdated. I need to upgrade some stuff.
Here are my specs:
4gW4Y.png

Can you guys recommend anything? I want to be able to play games such as Skyrim, Tribes: Ascend, and TF2( at a better speed).
Thanks. Looking to spend lees than $220.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Honestly if you want to play Skyrim and the like you'll probably want to build a whole new PC yourself. Keep your current case and HD, of course, but buy a new motherboard that supports DDR3 RAM, buy at atleast 4GB of RAM, buy a newer processor (at least Dual Core and 2.8ghz or higher) and a new graphics card (Geforce 200 series and up). You could probably do all of this for about...$300-$400 if you can find good deals around Newegg. I built myself a fairly decent gaming PC for a little less than $400, so this shouldn't be too hard. I'd also suggest buying at least a 600w+ PSU if yours isn't already above 400w.

jarejare3

PROFILE CHANGE!
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I did a search on google and apparently your motherboard Can only support 2 gb of ram.
You can upgrade the processor to a better one, but i don't really know which one, athlon 64 x2 6400+
​

EDIT: but yeah mostly it's your motherboard blocking you... you will need to get yourself some new gig that support ddr3 ram and a better processor, Get a good graphics card, etc.

EDIT@: @supergamr232 @Pinkie232 Why do you always ninja'd me T_T, HOW YOU DO THAT EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A penny spent on your rig is a penny not well spent.
I have a system comparable as yours and my advice is to switch back to windows XP you will get a performance increase on TF2.
You do what you want its your money but id say consoles are cheaper you can be playing skyrim for lees than 220$.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh god that hard drive.
My anime folder would be taking up a sizeable chunk of that alone...

Anyway, Pinkie pretty much covered everything useful to say.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My dad and I built all of this from scratch back in 2006. It was pretty rad back then.
Any recommendations for a good Motherboard?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It really depends on the CPU you'll be getting. Pick out a CPU and then look for a motherboard. For CPU's, Intel i3, i5, or i7 would all be great for a CPU for the next few years. I personally have a dual core i3 running at around 3.1 ghz and it will run anything. The thing you should really be looking for is a newer GPU and better RAM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did