gunsnluises33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi!

I used the method of nds1 to flash the boothax on my acekard 2i...
I have a bricked old n3ds that only turns on the blue led, how do I enter the godmode?
I used the magnet and the button combination but it doesnt work.
If I connect my acekard 2i to my ds1 again it doesn read it

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The flashcard won't function as a regular flashcard while NTRBoot is installed. It can be reflashed later as long as you dumped the card before starting.

Do you have the GodMode9.firm in the sd card? It should be on the root of the sd card and named "boot.firm"
Then, when you do the combination, it should open gm9

mrjc1238

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have to install b9s first and chainload GodMode9 as a payload because of screen init issues
I mean, I unbricked my o3DS XL a few days ago with NTRBoot, although I used Decrypt9 to the the restoration of my NAND. I didn't actually try gm9, so maybe he should try decrypt9 and see if that works?

Reactions: Quantumcat

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi!

I used the method of nds1 to flash the boothax on my acekard 2i...
I have a bricked old n3ds that only turns on the blue led, how do I enter the godmode?
I used the magnet and the button combination but it doesnt work.
If I connect my acekard 2i to my ds1 again it doesn read it

It's probably either a cart reader thing (you might need to eject and reinsert the cart a few times to be sure it's making good contact) or you're not getting the magnet in the right place. Depending on how strong said magnet is, this can be tricky, though the O3DS seems to require a stronger one than the N3DS. For the N3DS, the place to put it is just to the right of, and right between, the "start" and "select" buttons. It takes a little getting the hang of, but you should get it after a few tries.

Also, it's kind of strange that your DS doesn't read it. My DS Lite still works with mine just fine. Then again, I did use the 3DS flashing method, so that may not do it the same way.

I think you have to install b9s first and chainload GodMode9 as a payload because of screen init issues

Godmode9 does do screen init. It functions as "boot.firm" just fine. I use it that way on my swap card (and as soon as there's a stable release, so will TheCyberQuake). So, that's not it. The only screen init issues I'm aware of are when you try to launch versions higher than 1.3.4 via OldLoader from A9LH on an N3DS (works just fine via Safehax on an N3DS, A9LH on an O3DS, etc., the bug only affects that one combination).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

gunsnluises33

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's probably either a cart reader thing (you might need to eject and reinsert the cart a few times to be sure it's making good contact) or you're not getting the magnet in the right place. Depending on how strong said magnet is, this can be tricky, though the O3DS seems to require a stronger one than the N3DS. For the N3DS, the place to put it is just to the right of, and right between, the "start" and "select" buttons. It takes a little getting the hang of, but you should get it after a few tries.

Also, it's kind of strange that your DS doesn't read it. My DS Lite still works with mine just fine. Then again, I did use the 3DS flashing method, so that may not do it the same way.

Godmode9 does do screen init. It functions as "boot.firm" just fine. I use it that way on my swap card (and as soon as there's a stable release, so will TheCyberQuake). So, that's not it. The only screen init issues I'm aware of are when you try to launch versions higher than 1.3.4 via OldLoader from A9LH on an N3DS (works just fine via Safehax on an N3DS, A9LH on an O3DS, etc., the bug only affects that one combination).
Thanks! I will try with decrypt and also with a astronger magnet!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It does not works , I have The decrypt with the name boot.firm on the sd card but it doesnt works

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o