Hacking Help with Nintendont. HID Controller used to work but now causes it to crash.

Nameless_One

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using a ps3 controller with nintendont but now whenever the controller is plugged in the program will freeze while trying to load a game.

If I plug the controller in while the game is playing or unplug it while nintendont is up it will cause the wii to crash.

Also when trying to load a game it will be stuck at "loading patched kernel... 8" and when the controller is unplugged it will suddenly say -8 and "ES_Init... Done!" below that will dissapear.

Any help would be appreciated.

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you modified any controller config files recently? Or have you changed any of Nintendont's settings?

Make sure you have "Native Controller" disabled. Having this setting ON or Enabled makes it so that only controllers that are plugged into the Gamecube controller ports work. Do you use USB Loader GX to load Nintendont, or do you load directly from Nintendont?

Nameless_One

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Native control disabled and I haven't messed with the controller configs either. I load Nintendont directly and I have even deleted Nintendont and it's files and re-downloaded them and still have the problem

portugeek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It might be the controller that's having issues. Do you have another PS3 controller you can test with?

To truly find out if it's your controller that's having the issue, it's important that you test with the same type/brand of PS3 controller that you're currently using. Different types of controllers (even if they're meant to work for the same device) have different VID's and PID's. This means Nintendont will recognize them as being uniquely different and treat them as such.

If the new controller also gives you issues then you know the problem is with Nintendont. If it works then it's your other controller that has the issue.

Other things you could try are plugging in the PS3 controller into a PS3. See if it works. Maybe the controller is glitched and plugging it back into the PS3 will fix it. Suggesting this would imply that Nintendont is writing or changing data stored in the PS3 controller, which seems ridiculous because I don't believe controllers store any modifiable data. But who knows it's worth a shot.

Last edited by portugeek,

Nameless_One

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally figured it out the problem while trying to fix a problem with the controllers on my PC. Turns out it was some kind of problems with the controllers although I'm not sure how it happened. On the back of the controller is a reset button I did not know existed that you can use a paperclip on and after resetting the controller it works fine now. Weird since they would still work with the ps3 though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I heard the original comic books were as dark as that