• Replies 26

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Also when I asked what are loader and installer, I wanted to understand if any of them can install/load those channels...
yes, loaders can launch channels too.

1- good
2- I'll try to continue to explain what I tell you then. modmii is not bad, just "not the best". but there's no best method, many users are doing things differently. there are different guides available, and people prefer to redirect users to the one they used to hack their consoles because it worked for them. That's probably the reason why users are suggesting pimpMyWii too (it worked for them).
Modmii is a way to do it, there is also this website with detailed step by step. not bad, not the best either in my opinion, but at least you can follow it at your rhythm.
3- I can't tell you what to remove without seeing what you have. you said you are missing files, so if you want to use modmii (you don't need it anymore!) you'll have to first re-run modmii and be sure everything downloads correctly.

I recommend forgetting about modmii at this point. we will do things manually one by one.

Currently you have :
HBC
bootmii as IOS
a NAND dump (in case if issue, so you can restore your console)

steps you still have to do :
install priiloader
setup priiloader
install a custom IOS to be able to use a "usb loader" (to load games from usb or sd or channels)
get a loader
setup the loader
get a game (dump your game disc) to USB in the proper format

installing a channel as Wad format to your console is not the safest method, but you can try if you have priiloader installed.
we will see this later, we have lot of steps to follow before that.

I never used priiloader, so I might not be the best person to help you with it.
I found the modded version I mentioned, but I don't know how stable and safe it is to use.
So, I'll only give you the old version : https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/system-hacks/priiloader
follow only the "setup" section, NOT the "install" section as it's not what you need.

Like I mentioned above, that site is good but not the best : it's missing priiloader hacks setup part.
it tells you to "set some hacks" but doesn't explain what to do or choose or why.

I think in the hacks you could set :
set the text to white and background to black (first thing you'll ever to in priiloader !)
region free everything
prevent update from network and from disc
remove savegame protection
Is that all ? I don't know priiloader, sorry. someone else could help here.

Clutz450

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that all ? I don't know priiloader, sorry. someone else could help here.
Here is part of the Softmod Any Wii guide over at WiiHacks regarding PriiLoader and what hacks to enable:

Enable any hacks you like. We suggest-
"Block Disk Updates", "Block Online Updates", "Remove
Diagnostic Disc Check", "Move Disc Channel"
If you don't know what the hack does - you don't need it!!!
Select Save settings -Press A
Press B to go back to the main priiloader screen
Your wii should now block Disk updates and online updates, you can move the disc channel and if you like autoboot a usbloader.

Those are all the settings I have and have had no issues with my Wii. I don't believe I have the region free everything set but then again I only play US games on my US Wii. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Clutz450,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you.

The region free is used if you launch a wad channel from another region from system menu.
But I think you can launch them from usbloader even if you didn't enabled the region free, so the best thing to do is maybe to enable the less hack as possible, and test it if works fine. If needed he can always set region free later.

Reactions: Clutz450

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't want to hijack but I have a noob question.

I didn't realize the D2xCIOS installer was downloading from nintendos servers. If I am blocking Nintendo URL's to keep my Wii U from updating will this also break the installer from being able to download what it needs?

I was trying to figure out if I should update my softmod

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it will block the access to the Wii servers too.
using modmii will also be affected, as it's downloading from nintendo servers using nusd.

that's why tubehax DNS or proxy is a good solution, it's affecting your console and not all your connected devices.

You can disable your filters temporarily and set them back after using d2x or modmii.
but do you really need to update your softmod?
if you have v8, you are fine.
if you have v7 it's recommended to update, if you have any issue.
if you have v6, you should definitely update as v7 added new features and compatibility.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I didn't realize I was blocking other stuff, I thought since i could access the eshop and play online I was fine until I couldn't download a demo or use CIAngel

I think I have v8, I followed mauifrogs wiihacks guide about 3 years ago.

I was trying to update Wiiflow to use Nintendont and was following the wiki
https://sites.google.com/site/wiiflowiki4/installing-wiiflow.

It seems to be freezing with my current softmod

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you don't need d2x v10
v10 is actually v8 but re-released for vWii compatibility.
if you have v8, you don't need to update. mauifrog guide is good and still actual.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I see your mop and raise you George's mop lol