Hacking Help with fake R4 SDHC cart

Takato666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys, what's up. I've traded one of my guitars for a old3DS with a friend of mine last Saturday. He didn't had any games for it, just a R4 SDHC for the DS with a bunch of shitty games on the sd.
Since i really wanted to play Super Robot Taisen OG, but my notebook wasn't with me that day, i tought: "Why not just put the sd on my smartphone and download the rom?". Well, i've kinda went overboard and deleted everything (not formatted) to install the last release of Wood R4 and some roms of my choice. When i tried to start up the cart, it gave me the eternal loading screen.
So i went on Google to try to fix it, and somebody said that the Wood for the original R4 don't work on clones, something i didn't knew cuz i always used the original R4 on my old DS. I went on http://www.r4isdhc.hk/ to get the correct firmware, and it just gave me a white screen.
Looking for more answers, i discovered that my cart was a fake cart (clone of a clone, this is getting meta), and it does not use the same firm that the "original" clone uses. Some other topic said to try to format the sd and it should be fine, but it still gave the white screen for the SDHC firm and the loading screen for the Wood firm. Never got that "fake card" screen that i've seen some people talking about.
Well, now i just want to know what the hell i do to make this bastard run. I've seen someone saying that it could be the cart was bricked, but since it gives me two results for two firmwares, i think it maybe not be bricked. There's some photos of the cart below:
2x82QOX.jpg

AxQUM9k.jpg

The site on the label is www.r4isdhc.in
I was using a 16 gigs sd. Also, can this shit hold a 32 gb sd? Cuz the 16 one i'm using on the 3DS itself.
Thank you guys!

Takato666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok, sorry for the doublepost, but there's a little update. I kept trying to find the correct firmware for this piece of crap, until i've got to this topic, and started to test the firmwares one by one. Well, i've just needed to try 3 times, cuz the first one on the list booted up correctly.
Then, i got a bunch of roms to test it aaaaand... None of them work. Either the old games or the most recent ones, just black screens or white screens when trying to load the game itself.
So, i was thinking, once i saw that you could load a firmware inside another firmware. I remember doing it to put Wood on a fake card for a friend a long long time ago or something like that. Is there really a way to do that or am i just getting senile? Cuz if there's a way to load normal Wood on this, i'm gonna be the happiest mother*ucker on South America.
And yes, i could buy another better card, but if there's a way to use this one, i'm not gonna bother to look for a new one, even if i need to go through some headaches to make it happen.

Takato666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Dude, worked flawlessly, thank you so muuuuuuuuuch!
Weird tho, that topic from the source never came on Google... It even showed me topics about Acekard. But thank you again, dude! Now i can finally play my ds games in peace!

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc