Hardware [Help!] Wii disc drive won't read anything

Guess_Who

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is exactly what the thread title says. The Wii won't read any discs. Games run from a USB drive work fine (using WiiFlow, USB Loader GX, etc.), but any kind of disc - retail or backup - gives me a "disc cannot be read" error. It doesn't seem like it's even trying to read the disc, since I don't hear it spinning. I'm not sure whether it's a mechanical issue or software. I once managed to get a disc to read, purely on accident, after playing around in MMM, but since then, nothing. I'm running on System Menu 4.2U, with a variety of custom IOSes installed (222/223, 236, 249).

Can anyone help me pinpoint what the problem is, or even better, how to fix it? I've tried everything I can think of outside of a NAND restore.

shango46

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately, I don't think a NAND restore will do anything for you as it sounds like your Wii's drive is dead. The only thing I would suggest is a replacement drive or even a replacement Wii. I had the same problem happen to my D2C Wii drive and I had to replace it with a new one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm