Hacking HELP!! Turn CFW to OFW

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ow the cfw I got is in system nine point something then I update it to 11.2.0, does that will show the real region? cause it said 'U' though
as @sarkwalvein said, the version number just shows your nand region. If your console WAS region swapped, you wouldn't be able to tell this way. Check your serial number and compare it to the link he posted.

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
nine point "something"? 9.2 I guess?..
And really, check the serial code. You can find it on the back panel or (if impossible to read) under the back panel

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I would bet the 3ds was a JPN 3ds, because nowadays there is no real benefit on swapping from EUR to USA...
Only from JPN or other asian regions to EUR or USA if you don't know kata/kanji

there is 2 serial code I see, and I guess that means its japan? the first: CTR-001(JPN) the second: CTR-S-JPN-CO

There you go

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think section iv of: https://3ds.guide/region-changing

Would solve the ussue then
Except then you'll have a Japanese region console again. Hope you can read kata/kanji. If not, I'd suggest leaving it the way it is. There is an alternative "open source eshop" called freeshop. You can find it here on this site. Unfortunately, rules here prevent me from teaching you how to set it up, so you're gonna have to do some googling. If you'd like, you can also join the discord channel in my signature. I can help you more there without restriction.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I supposed to change the region? that will enable the eshop etc?
Many questions.
You are trying to use the 3DS in USA eshop or EUR eshop?
Did you link your previous NNID to the console?
Was your NNID from Europe? From a previous 3DS or Wii U?
If so, you will not be able to use as right now the console is set to USA (has been swapped to U)

This is an OLD 3DS, so you could still use the eshop of the region you swapped to (USA).
But not with an NNID from another region.

You can delete your NNID / remove it by formatting / etc. And try again, this time creating a new USA NNID.
Or you can swap your old 3ds to europe if you want to use a european NNID.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
His 3ds was JPN region.
You could use freeshop and similar, but you still wouldn't be able to use friend list and some online games.

As @sarkwalvein said, maybe if you system format and create a brand new NNID, could get it to work

Martin_Sean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
if I take out the cfw, it will turn to Japanese. if I don't, It will be English but I can't access the eshop. if example I take out the cfw, and it turn to japan region-based (kanji wont actually matters since I just need settings and the icon to play the games), is that mean I can't play my US region-based games? all of them??

Elveman

Just passing by
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
just a quick refresher: does the modified SecureInfo_A lose its sig, so the 3DS bricks if you remove A9LH from region-changed console?

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
if I take out the cfw, it will turn to Japanese. if I don't, It will be English but I can't access the eshop. if example I take out the cfw, and it turn to japan region-based (kanji wont actually matters since I just need settings and the icon to play the games), is that mean I can't play my US region-based games? all of them??
If you take out CFW it will not automatically go to the other region. You should re-install a NAND backup.
For sure you will lose region unlock, so you will only be able to play japanese games.

If you region swap to JAP inside the CFW you will be able to use JAP eshop and buy JAP games, but also you will be able to install CIA games from any region and play card games from any region.

If you just format within CFW you will probably be able to use the USA eshop as it is, given you create a new NNID.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest answering @sarkwalvein's questions. He seems to know how to best help you.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Even if you "uninstall the cfw", I think you would need to swap to JPN first... even I don't know if you can use the 3ds anymore without sign patches

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

You don't have to remove CFW to region change it back to JPN (in fact, don't. Uninstalling CFW would not make it go back to Japanese). I would complain to the shop you bought it from and return it, because if they didn't say it was a region changed console it's essentially a scam because you can't use it the way you want to.

Alternatively you can region change it to JPN, DO NOT remove CFW after this. With CFW you can play any games you want because it's region free, but idk about using USA/EU e-shop as a JPN console .. honestly would be easier to just return it.

Reactions: Zidapi

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@sarkwalverin

1. USA ehop
2. what is NNID?
DO A BACKUP OF FILES IN YOUR SD CARD.
I don't know what is installed in that 3DS, but if you need the OTP file from the SD card, you MUST have a backup.

NNID is Nintendo Network ID.

Try going into the settings and deleting your eShop account or NNID.

PS: Does your 3DS boot without an SD card plugged in?

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
To sum up: if you remove the CFW and don't have a nand backup from before the region changing
(seeing the thread I guess you don't have one)
You'll brick your console

Martin_Sean

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I do would be more agree to buy a new n3ds but still workin on the money and if I got the chance on repairing it I can sell it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-