Hardware [Help] Tried installing CFW. failed.. What's next?

omrikundesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi there,

I tried installing CFW using this youtube video:

I did manage to downgrade my 3DS to 4.2 and I even managed to get to the part in which the CFW supposedly works (i pressed settings => other settings => nintendo ds profile, and got the blinking white/blue screen which sent me back to the home screen).

However, when I'm trying to launch run.bat while on CFW mode (probably..), I'm getting a response saying that "ctrclient failed to connect".

I'm thinkning that I may have done something wrong with the installation since the guide itself was not entirely thorough and consistent. At times the video didn't match what's said in the description and vice versa etc.

Obviously I didn't know about this site when I used the guide on youtube or otherwise I'd have used one of the guides in here..

I did backup all the files I used to have on my SD card and this is what my back up folder looks like:

Capture.PNG

I was wondering what I need to do if I still want to make stuff work?

Additionally, how can I restore my backup (if necessary)? do I just replace all the content on my SD card (which is now named "Gatewaynand") with the contents of my backup folder?

Furthermore, I do have an old R4 flashcart that I used for my DS lite. Is there a method to use it in order to "unlock" my 3ds? if so, will I need to undo al the damage that I've done so far? and how?

I will greatly appreciate any help..

Thanks a lot :)

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know its not the answer your looking for but use rxTools. @DarkFlare69 Help this guy out run him through getting fbi on his sysnand and get rxTools up and running (the stable 2.6 version).

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi there,

I tried installing CFW using this youtube video:

I did manage to downgrade my 3DS to 4.2 and I even managed to get to the part in which the CFW supposedly works (i pressed settings => other settings => nintendo ds profile, and got the blinking white/blue screen which sent me back to the home screen).

However, when I'm trying to launch run.bat while on CFW mode (probably..), I'm getting a response saying that "ctrclient failed to connect".

I'm thinkning that I may have done something wrong with the installation since the guide itself was not entirely thorough and consistent. At times the video didn't match what's said in the description and vice versa etc.

Obviously I didn't know about this site when I used the guide on youtube or otherwise I'd have used one of the guides in here..

I did backup all the files I used to have on my SD card and this is what my back up folder looks like:

View attachment 22117

I was wondering what I need to do if I still want to make stuff work?

Additionally, how can I restore my backup (if necessary)? do I just replace all the content on my SD card (which is now named "Gatewaynand") with the contents of my backup folder?

Furthermore, I do have an old R4 flashcart that I used for my DS lite. Is there a method to use it in order to "unlock" my 3ds? if so, will I need to undo al the damage that I've done so far? and how?

I will greatly appreciate any help..

Thanks a lot :)

You have to hold L when you launch the CFW to enable ctrclient to work.
But that CFW is really outdated now and there are much better options around, like rxTools.

omrikundesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi again,

The Real Jdbye & Xenon Hacks-
I'm prefectly willing to use rx tools! but which measures do I need to take in order to uninstall the CFW that I'm currently using before installing rx tools? and how do I go about installing it?
I did press L when I launched the CFW btw..

zoogie -
I didn't know any better!

Thanks again :)

omrikundesu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Hi again, hopefully no problems with me bumping this post..

I still need help regarding restoring my previously saved SD backup and about installing rxtools..

Especially I could use help with restoring my backup and bringing my 3DS back to square one from which hopefully I'll be able to install rx tools by myself

Thanks again :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1