Hacking Help please with my Flashed Xenon

caddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can the resident experts please cast their eye over this and advise what I should/can do with this Xenon please?

I've taken delivery of a Flashed Xenon and have been attempting to load some backups I procured.

From Dinoh's sticky, I've recorded the background on the Xenon itself.....

NXE Dash / Dashboard 2.0.9199.0 / DVD Drive = Hitachi GDR-3120L

I haven't as yet connected to my Wireless Network and I haven't created a Gamer Profile.

Backups I can load without issue are: Sonic Sega All Star Racing, Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix, Sonic Unleashed, Lego Bionicle Heroes, Spiderman Web of Shadows

When I try to load Angry Birds Trilogy and Spiderman Edge of Time, I get the message:

"An update must be applied to your console to play this game. If you decline this update, you will not be able to play this game.
Do you want to update now?
Yes, update now
No, don't update"

I also tried to load Lego Lord of the Rings and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 - these gave me a different message about not being able to load (stupidly forgot to note it down and have tidied the xbox away now) but I do remember that it didn't offer me the 'Update now?' question.

What should/can I do with this?!!??!!

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As the 360 says, you need to update it ;p

Now I think it's safe to download the latest 16202 update from xbox.com, unzip it and plonk it on the root of a FAT32 usb drive and use that to update the console.
It shouldn't pop up any errors, I'm not entirely sure about it anymore.
Anyway the update will reflash the drive with a new FW and you can reflash it back to either LT 2.0 or LT 3.0 depending on your DVD drive.
That is if you have the flashing tools.

You can also restore the stock FW on a hitachi drive (refer to the Jungleflasher manual for that) and then update it.
It's safer and won't pop up any errors.

caddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks Dinoh I was hoping you'd appear!

Right so i don't have any flashing tools and I have very limited knowledge of what I need to do (which you've probably noticed)

If I do update to the latest 16202,will i be able to play these games? Or would i also need to do the reflash back to LT2.0/3.0?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Welcomes ;]

Jungleflashers manual is basically the way to go.
I can explain it but the Jungleflasher manual is way more detailed.

Yes, you will need to reflash it to LT 2.0/3.0 but then you're able to play those games yes.
Dash 13146 was the dash that reflashed lots of drives in preperation of the new XGD3 format.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
To be 100% safe and to make it easy you'll need a X360 USB Pro v2 or a X360 USB pro and a CK3i

This way you have dedicated hardware for the drive which makes it a shit ton easier to flash it.
You can use a VIA PCI card but their not really supported anymore, or you can use your Mobo's internal SATA but you'll have to be lucky if it's supported at all.

In your case I'd say get a X360 USB Pro V2.
This is a connectivity kit + SATA bridge build in 1.
That thing is all you need to flash the drive ;]

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes that thing yep.

I know that it's expensive but it's the easiest way to flash a drive.

And yes I'm the one offering "free" European DVD flashings.
"free" as in the only thing I need is money to send it back ;p

caddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm interesting :)

So if i do get it flashed again, would it come to the point when i need to flash it again? Or would you say a single re-flash would see me okay for several years? Is it just necessary when Microsoft develop some new anti-methods?

Trying to work out whether i send it to a true expert or whether i invest (time and money) in getting fixed up so i can do it (and redo it) myself.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's hard to say.
MS might have given up on flashed consoles (upcoming Durango console)
But MS might also continue to update the 360 batteling DVD flashing and RGHing.
LT 3.0 is already out for a while and MS has updated their Dash a few times since.
I honestly don't know if MS will release an update that makes LT 3.0 unsafe or not ;p

Erm.
Since your xbox is pretty old (and if I want to do it correctly) you'll need to send me the entire box.
So that I can flash it back to stock, update it and reflash it back to LT 2.0/3.0.

I've helped DrCD once with a DVD flash that has gone bad (partially my mistake of not taking into account that his xbox could be on a old dashboard)
Anyway it worked out perfectly in the end and he's enjoying his 360 at this moment.
Iirc sending back the 360 was roughly 20 quid..

It's entirely up to you to decide but I do guarantee a working 360 in return (given that you don't send me an RRoD ofourse ;p)

caddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Heh heh no its thankfully not RRoD (I was dreading it would be when i plugged it in tonight!)

Is there something you can do to make it so I can load games from USB HDD? That's ODDE right? Is that expensive to do? If so its prob not worth it with a 6 year old console.............

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
That's great lol.
A clean up to remove the dust and it should hold another few years ;]

Yes.
You can install an ODDE, which costs 80 quid roughly.
The big advantage of that is indeed USB loading and easy updating.
Only thing you need is your DVD key (which I can extract)
Besides you won't have to bother with reflashing your DVD drive, just update the ODDE with an USB drive and you're ready to update the dash and play again.

If you do opt for an ODDE and you do send me the drive to extract the keys then I'll flash it back to stock, allowing you to safely update your 360 to 16202 ;]

caddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, 80 quid then ***weighs up cost of that versus backups*** Tricky one.

I think I'll let the kids play the games which do load right now over the holiday period and then I'll prob look to send the console to your good self in a month or so for reflashing, think i'll stick to that for right now.

Thank you Dinoh for all your advice and help once again

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can update the console to the last 12xxx update.
Allowing for slightly more backups to be executed ;p
I'll link you on Filetrip if you want.
However then the currently flashed firmware isn't safe on XBL (not that you'd update it anyway ;p)

Aye.
I'll reflash it, make sure it works and send it back the same day, if not the next day ;]

Welcomes at all times ;]

caddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay thanks so i'd be safe to do that one without have to reflash to LT 2.0/3.0?

If i do this i'd still be able to load the games listed above and potentially some of the games that said they need updates would also load?

Downloaded that update - so i format a USB drive to FAT32, copy the folder onto it (do i need to rename to $$ystem.......?) and then stick it in the xbox and it will auto-update?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yep.
It'll be safe to update without reflashing.

Nope just unzip it and plonk it on the root and let it update.

As for the games.
Angrybirds and games that came out in this year won't work.
Games from 2011 might also not work..
Early '11 might work

caddy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi again Dinoh

Just tried to do that update there but it says it can't process the update (with Status Code 3151-000-3000-0904-8007-045D)

Would this be because i'm not hooked up to my wireless yet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol