Hacking Help needed!!

Angelita Perez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I haven't use the Wii U in a long time (loadiine ready) and now kids want to try the zelda game which needs to be install, I have been reading for a while and I just want to make sure I understood how to do it:

My Wii U is 32gb (not net, not needed), 5.5.1, latest haxchi but still using lodiine "lol" I know, shame on me!

This is what I did to have the game ready to install in nand:

1. I put wup installer gx2 folder in wii / apps /
2. I created a folder in the sdcard root and named "install"
3. I put the game and update folders in "install" (both downloaded from WiiU usb helper)

So I just need to boot hachi to cfw (a=sysmenu) so pressing a in my case?

then hachi again to go to homebrew launcher (b =hbl)

then choose "wup installer gx2" to install the game, reboot do all that again and install the update next!!
is that all correct?

Also I have the DLC which I will have to install after if want to, because folder has the same game folder name so I assume I can't put in "install" at the sametime?

If I don't install the DLC, I can play the game without cfw, (although to install the game update I need to be in cfw? ) but if I decided to install the DLC then to play I need to be in cfw all the time?

I am sorry for the confusing way I am asking all these questions! Thanks in advance!!

Der_Blockbuster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I haven't use the Wii U in a long time (loadiine ready) and now kids want to try the zelda game which needs to be install, I have been reading for a while and I just want to make sure I understood how to do it:

My Wii U is 32gb (not net, not needed), 5.5.1, latest haxchi but still using lodiine "lol" I know, shame on me!

This is what I did to have the game ready to install in nand:

1. I put wup installer gx2 folder in wii / apps /
2. I created a folder in the sdcard root and named "install"
3. I put the game and update folders in "install" (both downloaded from WiiU usb helper)

So I just need to boot hachi to cfw (a=sysmenu) so pressing a in my case?

then hachi again to go to homebrew launcher (b =hbl)

then choose "wup installer gx2" to install the game, reboot do all that again and install the update next!!
is that all correct?

Also I have the DLC which I will have to install after if want to, because folder has the same game folder name so I assume I can't put in "install" at the sametime?

If I don't install the DLC, I can play the game without cfw, (although to install the game update I need to be in cfw? ) but if I decided to install the DLC then to play I need to be in cfw all the time?

I am sorry for the confusing way I am asking all these questions! Thanks in advance!!
Yes you should be fine if u do it like that. And yes, when u install the dlc you will have to be in cfw all the time!

For your safety and your kids, activate autoboot to systemmenu (which is already cfw enabled then)
So it instantly goes where you want it to be.
You can still access everything when you press the home button while your wii u boots.

Angelita Perez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I should have been a bit more clear with the title, I am sorry!
I meant I needed help understanding if that was the correct way of doing it, before I do it.

I wanted to be super sure about it! since I been reading for few days!

The way I have it was haxchi booting to loadiine directly, since I did it long ago,

"For your safety and your kids, activate autoboot to systemmenu (which is already cfw enabled then)"

That is a good advice, hmm, I think in order to do that I have to reinstall whole haxchi again!!
Since I always used loadiine I never needed cfw.

Thanks everyone for the help!

Reactions: Messers

Angelita Perez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I always keep USA regions.

just to make sure, to reinstall haxchi:

go to haxchi icon while pressing b to boot to HBL (in my case)
select haxchi icon inside HBL and install again?

In other words, go to haxchi / hbl to reinstall haxchi :)

SuperDan

Im Aware ... Im Unaware
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I always keep USA regions.

just to make sure, to reinstall haxchi:

go to haxchi icon while pressing b to boot to HBL (in my case)
select haxchi icon inside HBL and install again?

In other words, go to haxchi / hbl to reinstall haxchi :)
yuppp thats right or use CBHC and the CFW will boot on start up ... ( I Hated the web exploit ) way as it was hit and miss

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just rename your folders and put the dlc in the install folder too and install them both at the same time. You can rename the folders to anything you want.

Angelita Perez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, that is even better,

1.Game
2.Game Update
3.Game DLC

and select all, install all together? I thought I read that it was better to restart after each install?

Another question I have is, I know to install forwarders like homebrew channel version I need cfw to install them,
but do they also need to in cfw all the time to use them?

Angelita Perez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:

I installed the game ( nand), then I tried to install the update and it got stuck with a weird annoying sound.
then I forced shut down, tried again and it worked.

Thanks everyone, for the help!

Reactions: SuperDan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1