Homebrew Help my daughters' Wii U won't load up properly

Paula_Wii_U

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
The picture in the op only shows Haxchi on the sd card. There is nothing to suggest that cbhc has been installed here....

Iirc holding B when launching Haxchi should boot system menu but this may have changed so I would check the config.txt on the sd card in your pc to see what the fw image/default is set to.
Is that on my SD card: haxchi folder? Cuz I found this

Attachments

• IMG_20210130_214017.jpg
    IMG_20210130_214017.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 170

Paula_Wii_U

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Yeah. Edit that file and swap the default and b options around so it reads like this....

a=fw.img
default=sysmenu
b=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

Reinsert the sd card to the console and power on.
OK, I tried it but it does the same thing then it's stuck showing the wii U menu logo without opening

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ask your son what he installed

like godreborn said if hbl is started at boot cbhc is installed (so no need to change anything in config.txt (its unrelated to cbhc) and also dont try to reinstall haxchi.).
Again like godreborn said, it sounds like cbhc is/was only misconfigured

if cbhc is (still) installed, there shoudl be a autobooting text at bootup (you can press a button on a controller then and enter a menu)

If you want to remove cbhc you need to use the cbhc uninstall option (dont install haxchi over cbhc!)

but again, ask your son what he did exactly, as only he knows

Last edited by mive,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ask your son what he installed

like godreborn said if hbl is started at boot cbhc is installed (so no need to change anything in config.txt (its unrelated to cbhc) and also dont try to reinstall haxchi.).
Again like godreborn said, it sounds like cbhc is/was only misconfigured

if cbhc is (still) installed, there shoudl be a autobooting text at bootup (you can press a button on a controller then and enter a menu)

If you want to remove cbhc you need to use the cbhc uninstall option (dont install haxchi over cbhc!)

but again, ask your son what he did exactly, as only he knows
Was just posting the exact same thing to ascertain exactly how the console has been modded.

The op did say earlier there is no autobooting messgae when the console is powered on so I'm still assuming cbhc has not been used.

If it has, then reinstalling may correct the problem as I had this happen a few years back but i knew i had installed cbhc prior to the problem.

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but how would haxchi automatically trying to boot hbl after wiiu is turned on (without clicking the icon)?

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Due to the config text file directing it there as posted in the above picture.

Reinstalling haxchi after editing this file should fix it but as you correctly say...DO NOT reinstall haxchi over cbhc. At this point confirmation of cbhc is required but again with ni autoboot message at start up... I am assuming no cbhc has been installed.

mive

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have to click on the haxchi icon in the regular wiiu start menu after the wiiu booted.
it does not start anything automatically at bootup (would that be possible the whole cbhc thing wouldnt exist, because it would do the same)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
CBHC AFAIK doesn't use the config.txt and should always have an "Autobooting" message. If there isn't one, that suggests he may have installed CBHC and installed Haxchi over it, which has the default behavior of booting into HBL (something that is not typically the default for CBHC). The simple fix to that would be to reinstall CBHC (optionally uninstalling it first), by launching the CBHC installer from HBL.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is what he says: My son tried to
hacked/Jailbroken our daughters' Wii U and now when they try to play and they turn it on it goes directly to the homebrew launcher when the SD card is in

he says it boots directly to the homebrew channel when they turn the system on. normal haxchi wouldn't do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what I would suggest is the same as @The Real Jdbye . I think the installer will tell you if cbhc is installed. if it is, uninstall it, then, delete the cbhc/haxchi title and redownload the game from the eshop and start over.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if I have confused the issue, I may have confused myself here then!!

The console is doing exactly what the haxchi config text file says it should but of course I am forgetting that haxchi is a manually operated function. My apologies.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no need to apologize, my friend, I have no idea what's going on either. that's why I suggest starting over. if he's not on cbhc, he can just delete the game, then redownload it.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
this is what he says: My son tried to
hacked/Jailbroken our daughters' Wii U and now when they try to play and they turn it on it goes directly to the homebrew launcher when the SD card is in

he says it boots directly to the homebrew channel when they turn the system on. normal haxchi wouldn't do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

what I would suggest is the same as @The Real Jdbye . I think the installer will tell you if cbhc is installed. if it is, uninstall it, then, delete the cbhc/haxchi title and redownload the game from the eshop and start over.
If you install Haxchi over CBHC the DS VC autoboot is still enabled (presumably)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only thing you catch are STDs. +1