Hacking Help! How do I pack an sdcafiine mod for the home menu?

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I'll try and be brief. I've made a great modpack for my copy of Super Smash Bros. It only adds a lot of content without taking anything away. As such, I've rebranded it as Super Smash Bros Deluxe, and the title screen even reflects this. What I'd like though is to change the icon and splash screen on the home screen when I've booted up SDCafiine so that they show Super Smash Bros Deluxe instead of for Wii U. Now on it's own, i know how to do this, because my copy of Smash in on my hard drive, the files I need to locate and change are as follows:

storage_usb/usr/title/0005000e/10144f00 and then the files are: bootDRCTex.tga (splash screen on gamepad), bootTVTex.tga (splash screen on TV), and iconTex.tga (menu icon)

if I simply change and replace these files here they will successfully change on my Wii U, however they'll ALWAYS be changed to my modded file images, even if I don't boot SDCafiine, and so when I start the normal for Wii U version it will still show the Deluxe splash screens and icon, so I've reverted back to the original images. I'd like for these new images to only appear after I boot SDCafiine. So I thought I could handle this, I successfully located my Wii U menu screen's titled ID (US version): 0005001010040100

I placed a folder named 0005001010040100 in my SDCafiine folder on my SD card, and then put a content folder, and then copied these directories into the content folder: storage_usb/usr/title/0005000e/10144f00 with the 3 .tga files I'd like to replace. However even though I know that SDCafiine is effectively working to mod the home menu (I put 2 directories in as a test and I did get the option which "modpack" I wanted to boot when I returned to the home menu), however the images aren't replaced.

Is there something more I need to do to pack my home menu mod? Have I messed up the directory in some way? Please, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Deleted member 442567

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, so I'll try and be brief. I've made a great modpack for my copy of Super Smash Bros. It only adds a lot of content without taking anything away. As such, I've rebranded it as Super Smash Bros Deluxe, and the title screen even reflects this. What I'd like though is to change the icon and splash screen on the home screen when I've booted up SDCafiine so that they show Super Smash Bros Deluxe instead of for Wii U. Now on it's own, i know how to do this, because my copy of Smash in on my hard drive, the files I need to locate and change are as follows:

storage_usb/usr/title/0005000e/10144f00 and then the files are: bootDRCTex.tga (splash screen on gamepad), bootTVTex.tga (splash screen on TV), and iconTex.tga (menu icon)

if I simply change and replace these files here they will successfully change on my Wii U, however they'll ALWAYS be changed to my modded file images, even if I don't boot SDCafiine, and so when I start the normal for Wii U version it will still show the Deluxe splash screens and icon, so I've reverted back to the original images. I'd like for these new images to only appear after I boot SDCafiine. So I thought I could handle this, I successfully located my Wii U menu screen's titled ID (US version): 0005001010040100

I placed a folder named 0005001010040100 in my SDCafiine folder on my SD card, and then put a content folder, and then copied these directories into the content folder: storage_usb/usr/title/0005000e/10144f00 with the 3 .tga files I'd like to replace. However even though I know that SDCafiine is effectively working to mod the home menu (I put 2 directories in as a test and I did get the option which "modpack" I wanted to boot when I returned to the home menu), however the images aren't replaced.

Is there something more I need to do to pack my home menu mod? Have I messed up the directory in some way? Please, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it.

when ill put my modpack with my 3 tgas in the folder meta on my sd card and choose it it gets stuck in a black screen

any help is apruciated

Attachments

• bootDrcTex.png
    bootDrcTex.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 233
  • bootLogoTex.png
    bootLogoTex.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 225

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users