Homebrew [Help] Free way to hack 10.7?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my N3DS XL is already hacked and I have a cartridge copy of Ocarina of Time. Can I hack my girlfriends N3DS XL with that?
Yes you can.
Use the OOT3Dhax installer to enter the FW of your girlfriends 3ds, then put the cart in her 3ds and load the save, and teh HBL will load.
Don't forget to put the hombrew starter pack on her 3ds SD Card.

Reactions: naddel81

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can.
Use the OOT3Dhax installer to enter the FW of your girlfriends 3ds, then put the cart in her 3ds and load the save, and teh HBL will load.
Don't forget to put the hombrew starter pack on her 3ds SD Card.

and if I wanted to downgrade, I got go from there, right?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did A9LH on my first try, no errors, it's very easy
no matter how simple you find it if the op cant update emunand . . .what are the chances he will be safe installing a9lh?

Yeah nope didn't have it then. xD
I can probably manage to install it on my own though.
I mean I did everything else entirely through an SD card without help so I'm feelin' brave.
I was just told to update by Aurora Wright (The amazing Luma3DS creator <3) so I did. Haha oh well. ^_^
It's weird though, some of my CIAs that I installed (That I OF COURSE already have legal copies of :yay3ds:) and some still work.
Pokemon X and Y, Mario Kart 7, and Monster Hunter 4, to be exact. Idea; Wouldn't it be possible to exploit a CIA (one that also works on sysnand) and that way, you can hack your 3DS on older firmwares and then when you update you'll have a CIA that you can always use to re-hack. I dunno just a thought.

:hrth:EDIT: HEY GUYS CUBIC NINJA IS ONLY $35 ON GAMESTOP'S WEBSITE.:hrth:
:hrth:CAN I GET A WHAT-WHAT?:hrth:
the cia games that still work are "legit" cias (ones that can come preinstalled on a 3ds)

and if I wanted to downgrade, I got go from there, right?
yes

Last edited by wormdood,

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my N3DS XL is already hacked and I have a cartridge copy of Ocarina of Time. Can I hack my girlfriends N3DS XL with that?
Nope, the game is a one and done deal.

I'm kidding. :P As long as you have Powersaves the process should pretty much be done for you already! :D
I'd recommend using a different SD card for safety measures, though.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Isn't PlaiSysUpdater heavily unstable, in comparison to SysUpdater, or has that changed?
I honestly have no idea.
I was just saying that as an example. I don't know what it's like nowadays, I downgraded with the original super unstable sysupdater hack back in the day. (And i'm lucky I didn't hardbrick)

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you just need to make sure your GF's 3ds has the HBL boot.3dsx file on the SD card and OOT has the correct payload for her firmware. If you are hacked you can use the payload tool from your 3DS to upload the correct payload save.

Last edited by DHall243,

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't PlaiSysUpdater heavily unstable, in comparison to SysUpdater, or has that changed?

I honestly have no idea.
I was just saying that as an example. I don't know what it's like nowadays, I downgraded with the original super unstable sysupdater hack back in the day. (And i'm lucky I didn't hardbrick)

Safest one is SafeSysUpdater, the success rate for it, at least for me, it has been 100%. always worked on the first time, have done it at least 30 times.

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plaisys is the only way to downgrade, it takes all of the error out of everything, and makes sure you have the right firmware.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
When you've downgraded again, take these steps to make sure you're updating emuNAND and not sysNAND.

1. Unlink emuNAND and sysNAND (enter sysNAND, take our SD card, and format)

2. Change themes on sysNAND (use the red theme for example)

3. If you're using menuhax you'll have to install it again

4. Enter into emuNAND. Make sure theme is not red

5. Enter system settings. Make sure the version string does not start with "Ver."

6. Do not exit system settings or you'll be kicked back to sysNAND (I suspect this is the mistake you made)

7. Update from system settings.

Reactions: Arubaro

jerrmy12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you've downgraded again, take these steps to make sure you're updating emuNAND and not sysNAND.

5. Enter system settings. Make sure the version string does not start with "Ver."

6. Do not exit system settings or you'll be kicked back to sysNAND (I suspect this is the mistake you made)

He can hold his menuhax trigger when he exits sysnand to reboot into emunand

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using Luma3DS with both Sysnand and Emunand on 9.2. I went in through Luma to update the Emunand, and it updated my sysnand to 10.7!!
I'm broke.
I can't afford $60 for Cubic Ninja or the $35-45 for Ocarina of Time and a Powersave card.
Any solution?
Thanks. <3
~GBATemp Stalker since 2012~
Shame on you for using emunand. You should have gone to A9LH when you had the chance. Also you should have UNLINKED YOUR FUCKING NANDS!!!!

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shame on you for using emunand. You should have gone to A9LH when you had the chance. Also you should have UNLINKED YOUR FUCKING NANDS!!!!
not everyone needs A9LH. I'm doing just fine without it, never had issues or annoyances with menuhax.

also, for the thread, the only way i could think of getting a game that can use hax for "free" would be theft, which I do not encourage. (or I guess you could just find a copy of one of those games lying around somewhere).

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not everyone needs A9LH. I'm doing just fine without it, never had issues or annoyances with menuhax.

also, for the thread, the only way i could think of getting a game that can use hax for "free" would be theft, which I do not encourage. (or I guess you could just find a copy of one of those games lying around somewhere).
Actually everyone needs A9LH. When you brick and go complaining to a hardmodder, you'll see.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people forget that just knowing a friend with a browserhax comparible firmware and oot works. (It is more often than it seems). Friend buys 3ds and oot at launch, plays it for a month, and never uses it again. Happens all the time.

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate you going through the trouble of being so kind. <3 (Read the reply to Pikm as well)
Question; should I downgrade to 9.2 after re-hacking? What benefits/drawbacks does this have? And how do I ONLY downgrade my sysNAND?

Haha, okay, well there is some important info I left out. I tried formatting my sysNAND (I then tried my emuNAND but same issue). The issue was that when I went in to format, I clicked the big red format button (My SD card was out), and what happened was the lil' screen with the big red format button dissappeared and it just kinda stayed at a grayed out version of the text behind it, looping that sh**** system settings music. xD (Pic included)
I didn't know it was required to unlink the NANDS to update. It makes sense now seeing as having the nands linked basically means they use the same system CIAs.
I mean, hey, the way I see it, I came into the 3DS scene with no prior knowledge and did everything I did on my own with only an SD card so I'm a lil' proud of what I accomplished. :sleep:

Attachments

• IMG_20160502_004218.jpg
    IMG_20160502_004218.jpg
    933.9 KB · Views: 142
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one