Gaming [help] Final Fantasy 6 Advance saving issue on Supercard SD

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Has anyone ever been able to save this game on this flashcart?
An user said that changing the format of the .sav file to a 128kb one (instead of the normal 64kb file), it would save it...I don't think that's true! 🙄
I tried to use 128, 256, 512kb save formats, already present in a folder of the Supercard software, but when you go to save on the flashcart (using for example the 256kb file) the file created (written) is always 64kb (but with 4 slots available instead of 1).
The save remains in the sram, but is not written to the microSD: it remains temporarily using the Quick Power Cycle method, but if you load a different game, the save is lost.
It would seem that 64kb is not enough to hold the save data, but the flashcart does not save in any other format! 🤔

I'm afraid no one has ever been able, nor will ever be able to save this game to the SuperCard; yet the format and save type is identical to FF 1-2, FF IV, FF V, which give no save problems at all.
I wonder if anyone will ever get to the bottom of this absurd mystery. 🤣

c2soft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello.
I just tried FF6 advance on a supercard micro sd (The purple model with de photo of Boba Fett) and I can save the game.
First I save normally (not quick save) in game on the world map and then I save with L + R + Select + A. If only save in the world map, will not work.
Turn off the advance and when load the game normaly, it stay in the place where it was saved. Saving real time with L + R + Select + B and load real time save also work.
I patched the rom with super card v2.71 for sd version with this options active.

I hope this helps you.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 82
  • Wow
Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello.
I just tried FF6 advance on a supercard micro sd (The purple model with de photo of Boba Fett) and I can save the game.
Thank you for your reply. :)
I too use the same flashcart with the same version of PC patching software (2.71), doing the same procedure, but I can't save, either using the (U) or (E) version of the game.
I repeat that I know very well how to save (both normal save and RTS) through combination of buttons, in fact with other games work perfectly. However, with this game the RTS (savestate) doesn't work (the save menu doesn't open) while the normal save seems to work, but if I load another game and then return to this one the "continue" option isn't there.

The only explanation I can find is that the firmware inside my flashcart is older and outdated, but I don't want to risk bricking it to update to the latest version just for a game that gives me problems.:sleep:

Last edited by Nikokaro,

c2soft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thank you for your reply. :)
I too use the same flashcart with the same version of PC patching software (2.71), doing the same procedure, but I can't save, either using the (U) or (E) version of the game.
I repeat that I know very well how to save (both normal save and RTS) through combination of buttons, in fact with other games work perfectly. However, with this game the RTS (savestate) doesn't work (the save menu doesn't open) while the normal save seems to work, but if I load another game and then return to this one the "continue" option isn't there.

The only explanation I can find is that the firmware inside my flashcart is older and outdated, but I don't want to risk bricking it to update to the latest version just for a game that gives me problems.:sleep:

I have firmware 1.85, I use the (E) version rom, but I tested U (from wowroms) and can save too.
I don't think It can influence but when format the micro sd I use default allocation size.
When I patch de (U) rom the sizes are: .gba 8263 KB, .sav 256 KB, .sci 1792 KB.
Even I tested with and old supercard sd with firmware 1.84 and (E) and (U) version can save.
It's really weird your situation, probably it's caused for firmware.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c