Hacking Help extracting main.dol from WAD?

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Hi, community.
I want to know how I can extract the main.dol file from a Commodore 64 VC WAD that I need for patch it for change video mode with Wii Generic Patcher (Generic Wii Patcher), but I don't know how to do it. Can anybody say me how I can extract a main.dol from a WAD? Thanks for your answers.

Weissnix4711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use a program called ShowMiiWads. My account is new, so I can't link to it. Please just Google. There's probably better programs out there, but I'm not aware of them.

It's been a while since I last used it, but from memory, it's usually 00000001.app. Or another one. The executable is not actually called main.dol. Just try to extract all the apps. The one you can't extract is your dol.

Edit: so that was my fifth post ;)

ShowMiiWads

Last edited by Weissnix4711,
Reactions: banjo2

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
OP
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
I use a program called ShowMiiWads. My account is new, so I can't link to it. Please just Google. There's probably better programs out there, but I'm not aware of them.

It's been a while since I last used it, but from memory, it's usually 00000001.app. Or another one. The executable is not actually called main.dol. Just try to extract all the apps. The one you can't extract is your dol.

Edit: so that was my fifth post ;)

ShowMiiWads
Thanks for your answer, I'll try it. I have this program and I also include this tool in my all-in-one pack for Wii VC injecting:
https://gbatemp.net/download/all-in-one-wii-vc-injecting-tools-by-saulfabreg.35917/

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
You should also look into customize mii, trust mii (lol see what I did there?) I use show mii wads / show mii nand too and think it's an amazing tool but imho it's better suited for other tasks. In this particular use case I works reach into my Wii toolkit and pull out Customize Mii

Last edited by XFlak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already +1