ubergeek77

Post editing world champ.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is driving me absolutely nuts.

All I want to do is extract a few files from the System Menu title, which I have downloaded using both 3DNUS and UpdateCDN (I had hoped one of them would give me a decrypted file). The resulting .CIA file is encrypted, and I can't do much else with it from there. I've used just about every conversion tool and 3DS utility I can get my hands on, but it's apparent I'm not clear on what needs to be done to decrypt this thing. I know this is possible (and arguably quite easy), but this encryption has me stuck against a wall. Normally you would install the .CIA and use SDinfo.py to help you generate the xorpads, but as this is a system file, I cannot use this method. The answer must be simple...right?

TL;DR Please help me get romfs.bin (or just the files within it) out of an encrypted .CIA (or if there is some easy way to use rxTools to dump this from the system titles on my NAND, that works too).

Thanks.

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
rxTools is able to dump system titles, but not fully unpack them

if you get a .app file you might need to get xorpads for the contents within it using the multi decryptor, to further unpack them

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Just a wild guess: install it on any emuNAND, dump the fat16 contents of said NAND, look for the titleID of the System Menu just like you would in the Nintendo 3DS folder of your SD card, and copy the files you find somewhere else. They should be decrypted, as the fat16 partition of the NAND rarely contains encrypted stuff AFAIK (just checked extdata for playcoins though :P).

SciresM

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is driving me absolutely nuts.

All I want to do is extract a few files from the System Menu title, which I have downloaded using both 3DNUS and UpdateCDN (I had hoped one of them would give me a decrypted file). The resulting .CIA file is encrypted, and I can't do much else with it from there. I've used just about every conversion tool and 3DS utility I can get my hands on, but it's apparent I'm not clear on what needs to be done to decrypt this thing. I know this is possible (and arguably quite easy), but this encryption has me stuck against a wall. Normally you would install the .CIA and use SDinfo.py to help you generate the xorpads, but as this is a system file, I cannot use this method. The answer must be simple...right?

TL;DR Please help me get romfs.bin (or just the files within it) out of an encrypted .CIA (or if there is some easy way to use rxTools to dump this from the system titles on my NAND, that works too).

Thanks.

You need the decrypted titlekey, which requires installing it and then using one of the several decrypted titlekey dumpers available (there's one in rxTools). But rxTools also has a "Dump system titles from NAND" thing, so that might be more convenient for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021