Status
Not open for further replies.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why? Anyway, a common methid is to hold all the face buttons (including L & R) when you boot the game. I'm not home right now but I'll check my copy of the game for another way in a few hours if somebody else doesn't help you first

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
no, i need clean cartridge without any save on it.

You can try pulling the cartridge out while the game is saving. With some luck, you'll damage the save data and the next time you start the game, you'll be asked to format it. Achieving save corruption is hard, and believe me, I should know. If that fails, you could always get the R4i Save Dongle, which will work with (almost) all of your DS and 3DS games. You can backup, restore, delete, etc. A nice gadget to own, for sure.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
read the Manual, the info on what button combo to use might be in there if not

hardware like the 3ds save dongle might be needed or you mihgt no be a way many game are becoming like that now

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You selling your game to someone?

To do that you need one of these save dumpers:
1. NDS Adaptor plus
2. R4i Dongle
3. SMS4
4. DS backup gold

All you need to do is make a save dump, modify with a hex editor and then put it back on the cart. The cart will automatically erase the save for you.

They also built into all carts a way to delete the save from your 3DS.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You can try pulling the cartridge out while the game is saving. With some luck, you'll damage the save data and the next time you start the game, you'll be asked to format it. Achieving save corruption is hard, and believe me, I should know. If that fails, you could always get the R4i Save Dongle, which will work with (almost) all of your DS and 3DS games. You can backup, restore, delete, etc. A nice gadget to own, for sure.

With the R4i dongle, could I edit Pokemon Black save files so that I have rare but seemingly legit pokemon to be uploaded to PokeBank? I can't believe I missed the events for DarkRai.

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With the R4i dongle, could I edit Pokemon Black save files so that I have rare but seemingly legit pokemon to be uploaded to PokeBank? I can't believe I missed the events for DarkRai.

Should be possible.

To wipe a save without a save dongle, take the game chip out of it's case, put it in a case that fits in a regular ds or ds lite, and run http://3dbrew.org/wiki/DSaveManager to delete the save.

EDIT: Put the game back in the case when it's done.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Should be possible.

To wipe a save without a save dongle, take the game chip out of it's case, put it in a case that fits in a regular ds or ds lite, and run http://3dbrew.org/wiki/DSaveManager to delete the save.

Why are you telling people to destroy the cart? are you a moron when you don't need to that.

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why are you telling people to destroy the cart? are you a moron when you don't need to that.

My carts are fine... I just did that to erase my RE: Mercs 3D save, as I didn't have a save dongle handy and pulling it out of the system wasn't working. It's certainly less destructive than sawing off the knob on the cart.

how_do_i_do_that

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
My carts are fine... I just did that to erase my RE: Mercs 3D save, as I didn't have a save dongle handy and pulling it out of the system wasn't working. It's certainly less destructive than sawing off the knob on the cart.

That is like telling people you can run DS games from a slot2, useless and old information about the DSaveManager that doesn't need to even be brought into how to delete a save.

You get that answer when the thing goes live.

user64

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That is like telling people you can run DS games from a slot2, useless and old information about the DSaveManager that doesn't need to even be brought into how to delete a save.
Are you trying to say it's better to just go and buy a save dongle? I could understand why such a tool would be useful, but if you just needed to delete one game save, it seems kind of silly to pay money and wait for delivery when you can easily delete it with stuff you already have.

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country

What he is saying is that if you have an access to a DS/Lite, you can take the chip (from the game) out from the 3DS cartridge and place it into a DS cartridge without the notch. This way you can use the DS Lite Homebrew save manager to wipe the Save files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ