Hacking [Help] Cannot boot to home screen

lulzMD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
while trying to open the system setting, it shut down 3 times. yes, without any warning. the firmware is 11.0.0-33u

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, did you put back all the files you had before on the SD card? Especially the "Nintendo 3DS" and "luma" folders.
yes

edit : i mean no, i deleted the files as instructed, only have nintendo 3ds and luma folder

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
while trying to open the system setting, it shut down 3 times. yes, without any warning. the firmware is 11.0.0-33u

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes

edit : i mean no, i deleted the files as instructed, only have nintendo 3ds and luma folder

Alright, SD-structure-wise it should be OK. So, I'm starting to think of a hardware problem.

Is it a big SD card or a micro SD card in an adapter? If it's in an adapter, can you try with another adapter if you have that?
If it's a big SD card, do you have another one? (or a micro SD + adapter) If yes, you could format it to FAT32 using this tool (select 32768 for "Allocation unit size"), then copy the contents from the old one to the new one and try again to boot the console and see if it still shuts down.

BTW, are the shutdowns completely random in time? Or do they systematically happen after maximum 1 minute?

lulzMD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Alright, SD-structure-wise it should be OK. So, I'm starting to think of a hardware problem.

Is it a big SD card or a micro SD card in an adapter? If it's in an adapter, can you try with another adapter if you have that?
If it's a big SD card, do you have another one? (or a micro SD + adapter) If yes, you could format it to FAT32 using this tool (select 32768 for "Allocation unit size"), then copy the contents from the old one to the new one and try again to boot the console and see if it still shuts down.

BTW, are the shutdowns completely random in time? Or do they systematically happen after maximum 1 minute?

i use adapter. will look into it after working.
it shutdown completely random. maximum it can stay on is about 1-2 minutes.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

If it succeeds in starting up, the SD card wouldn't have anything to do with it shutting down, would it? Didn't someone have a problem with their 3DS shutting down and it had something to do with the wireless card?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it succeeds in starting up, the SD card wouldn't have anything to do with it shutting down, would it? Didn't someone have a problem with their 3DS shutting down and it had something to do with the wireless card?

Yes, I'm pretty convinced that it's not the SD card (I think it wouldn't shut down the console but just pop an "SD was removed" message, unless running an EmuNAND), but I thought we would go even through that just to be sure.

Maybe it's the wireless card, or mayble it's the NAND chip? For the latter, a workaround would be setting up an EmuNAND/RedNAND and auto-booting that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-