Heavy Rain and Beyond: Two Souls Remasters coming to PS4

BeyondTwoSouls_Wallpaper.jpg
Looks like there's more last-gen remasters on the way this year, as Sony has just announced the release date for Beyond: Two Souls, available for PSN digitally on November 24th.

The PS4 edition of the game features a number of improvements:

• Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
  • Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
  • You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start – a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
  • Increased difficulty in certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
  • Includes the “Enhanced Experiments” DLC.
Heavy Rain will also be getting the same treatment, and will arrive March 1, 2016. If you buy Beyond: Two Souls off PSN, you'll be able to purchase Heavy Rain Remastered at a discount when it launches.

:arrow: Source

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Remastering SD games to HD was a legitimate reason but these games were already in HD so it defeats the purpose of it. Take Twilight Princess for example, it's an SD game being remastered in HD although it doesn't look as good as I'd have hoped for but it's still WIP.

Also, I loved Max Payne 3, Red Dead Redemption and Sonic Generations but wouldn't want any of them to be re-released as HD "remasters" for some new tweaks. Just work on developing their sequels or something.
Doesn't matter if legit or not. Remasters are remasters and all consoles suffer from having too many of them.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Doesn't matter if legit or not. Remasters are remasters and all consoles suffer from having too many of them.
As I've said, some remasters make sense while others don't. Just as is the case of the Uncharted collection, already played it not going to play it on PS4.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As I've said, some remasters make sense while others don't. Just as is the case of the Uncharted collection, already played it not going to play it on PS4.

Yeah and not only that... Nintendo re releases games as virtual consoles by emulating the original thing, different from others who "remaster" (lol) and sell like new games and charge as high as they did on the original release.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah and not only that... Nintendo re releases games as virtual consoles by emulating the original thing, different from others who "remaster" (lol) and sell like new games and charge as high as they did on the original release.
m8 pls.
Legend of Zelda OOT 3D, MM 3D, WW HD and TP HD aren't virtual console titles.
And they do cost like new games.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
m8 pls.
I wish Nintendo went even more the Remaster path (and not only with Zelda games). It's okay to have remasters, whatever the reason. Not everyone has played the same games already. Many people may not have played Heavy Rain or BTS, for whatever reason, so it's alright for them to do.

As for Nintendo, I would love to see remasters of other than Zelda games. They're missing their chance for remastering Mario Galaxy, Mario Sunshine, Eternal Darkness and some other GameCube titles. If only Nintendo was as remaster-crazy as Sony...

Reactions: CathyRina
S

Saiyan Lusitano

m8 pls.
It's dependable of each country so to say, US usually has the games sold for cheaper than anywhere else, I think. And then you have Japan and UK (again, it's within selective retailers). Just take Yoshi's Woolly World as an example, in United Kingdom certain retailers had it on pre-order for a rather low price or in other terms, a budget price.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's dependable of each country so to say, US usually has the games sold for cheaper than anywhere else, I think. And then you have Japan and UK (again, it's within selective retailers). Just take Yoshi's Woolly World as an example, in United Kingdom certain retailers had it on pre-order for a rather low price or in other terms, a budget price.
If you're talking about US prices, all of those games excepting Wind Waker have been released at full retail price. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask US$40 each, Twilight Princess will surely release at US$60. Wind Waker was only $50, but still regarded as a new release.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

If you're talking about US prices, all of those games excepting Wind Waker have been released at full retail price. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask US$40 each, Twilight Princess will surely release at US$60. Wind Waker was only $50, but still regarded as a new release.
TPHD is retailed at $60 with the amiibo.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm 110% okay with HD remakes. It's a safe bet for publishers, and it helps keep popular titles playable and relevant. Only time it bites is when they completely screw it up like the evil, satan summoned, Silent hill 2/3 HD.

From what I can gather, most of the time these HD updates are pawned off to another company. The exception to the zelda updates, Wind Waker HD, was done directly by nintendo to help bring them up to speed on how to make HD junk. Ocarina of time 3d, Majora's mask 3d, and the Twilight Princess HD are going to given to another developer to do. I'm guessing that's why it doesn't look like quite the update Wind Waker HD is.

Back on topic, I didn't play either of these games first time around. I'm looking forward to playing them the prettiest way possible.

Last edited by osaka35,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy