DbGt

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i finally tried sx os hdd xci loading using 2.5 BETA and fw 6.2.0. I am using an old 2tb usb 2.0 external hard drive with power supply (bought in 2008 / 2009) that has no problems, with a read/write speed of about 30 mb/s according to crystaldiskmark, connected to the switch`s dock back usb port.

Apart from NSP updates, DLC and XCI files, the drive does not have any other files

I tried installing some updates and dlc, no problem but when i load xci files the game sound randomly stutters, it comes and goes intermittently. As far as i can tell there are no slowdowns in gameplay nor lag. I tried breath of the wild, mario kart 8 and mario tennis. All had the sound problems.

What could be the problem? I was wondering if upgrading the drives enclosure to a usb 3.0 would solve it

Thanks

Last edited by DbGt,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30 MB/s is nearly 1/3 the speed of a Switch game card (I believe they are around 80 MB/s). I can see how that might cause streaming problems. Load times must be really bad with that drive. Get a USB 3.0 enclosure.

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
30 MB/s is nearly 1/3 the speed of a Switch game card (I believe they are around 80 MB/s). I can see how that might cause streaming problems. Load times must be really bad with that drive. Get a USB 3.0 enclosure.
Even with a usb 3.0 enclosure the ports are still only 2.0 since Nintendo hasnt made the 3.0 drivers available yet

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even with a usb 3.0 enclosure the ports are still only 2.0 since Nintendo hasnt made the 3.0 drivers available yet

That's balls. Well maybe a 3.0 drive would come closer to saturating the max theoretical bandwidth of USB 2.0 (60 MB/s).

210modz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have around 200 xci's and never had any sound problems from any of them that I've played.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ... +1