Hacking HDD Compatibility Issue

WJballer84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently purchased the new WD 3tb passport drive and it will work with my loaders in regards to loading and playing roms but not wii games. I should add it did load wii games once when I updated USB Loader GX but hasn't worked again since. I looked around for an updated compatibility list and haven't had any success.
I have tried multiple loaders, multiple ports and both cios options for vwii
Also while I am asking questions is there anyway to stop the Wii U from asking me if I want to update every time I turn the console on?

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
The Wii U uses a 32-bit file system and therefore will only accept hard drive sizes up to 2.2 terabytes - I personally haven't tried maxing this out using soft loaders but I assume this will also hold true.

Try partitioning the hard drive on the PC so you have either 2x 1.5TB drives or a 2TB and a 1TB drive and try again. Oh - and also you MUST make sure the HDD is FAT32 formatted and not NTFS formatted or you'll also run into issues there. Seen as it's a new WD HDD, this might be the case. It'll be a safe bet to just reformat the whole HDD to FAT32 first, and THEN repartition the drives.

Hope this helps!

WJballer84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried partitioning the drives and that didn't seem to help at all. I originally had the drive formatted to FAT32 so that wasn't the case either. The only other thing I can think of is changing out the Y cable to a different one. Anyone have any suggestions on Y cables that you know work?

WJballer84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried a new Y cable and formatting and neither seem to work on a regular basis. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't any ideas?

WJballer84

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have can get the 3 tb hard drive to work, its a little annoying but if I start cfg usb loader and let it tell me it failed to mount the hdd and then plug the hard drive in it works and what also is unusual is if I go to wiiflow or usb loader gx after I have all ready mounted the hdd in cfg it works fine. There has to be some setting that doesn't get turned on until after the application has loaded. I was wondering if anyone knew how to make a work around.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1