Homebrew HBWare / Homebrew Channel Discussion

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just out of curiosity, everyone who is getting the black screens, I just want to check everyone is installing it properly. The black screens are (most likely) due to the program not finding the skin folder. Make sure the skin folder is located in "/HBWare/Skins/Default" on the root of your memory card.

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Strange how some people are having problems on DS2 and some not. It works fine on my DS2 (using EOS 1.03, which may be the issue). If not, then double check you have it on the memory card correctly, as spinal_cord just pointed out.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I had a quick attempt at a logo myself (don't want to step on anyone's toes though)...
logo.gif

alidsl said:
Actually, it may be the DSL/DSi problem again (some homebrew worked on DSL but not on DSi)

Nope, works fine on my DSi and DSLite.

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Another version:

Download 0.03 Alpha

Added text, slowed the scrolling down, added CannonFoddr's second logo, and added an error output to try and fix these black screen problems (might aswell squash these bugs now).

Ensure that the HBWare folder (contains Skins) is on the root of your memory card.

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Forgot to say thanks to everyone who made the logos
smile.gif

I decided on CannonFoddr's second logo (looks the most like the sort of thing I was after).

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think the prob for me was that i put the 1st 2 versions in a folder hbware, then i had a folder for .01 and for .02, but now .03 works for me

*like the clock and date, although i think there is a slight bug with the clock it was changing the minute and the 0 and 1 kind of merged, i would check into that
*scrolling was fixed, the .01 was funky didn't respond to scrolling
*it is really looking good for a gui and setup now all you need to do is get the database up and running for us to download

looking forward to doing more testing i also have an acekard 2i with akaio 1.7 for testing as well

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Glad to see it's working okay now.

I'm aware of the time problem (noticed it a few minutes ago). That'll be fixed in the next version.

I won't update this now until I've got considerably more done on the server side. I'm still hoping the GBATemp admins will get back to me about repackaging files on fileTrip before I really start the server side stuff.

alidsl

I am now a lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I think that card compatibility is good right now, I just tested using my N5 and it works

so confirmed working carts are:
N5/R4 clones
SuperCard DStwo

may not work:
Ak2i
M3i zero

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who knows for sure they installed it correctly but are still getting the black screen, try running the program through DSKiosk (this app is known to boost compatibility on flashcarts like the M3).

EDIT: Once I redownload some updated firmwares for my flashcarts I'll test the following with .3:

M3
Acekard2i
iEDGE

I've already confirmed that the DSTwo works

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it worked on all 4 flashcarts so far:

SupercardDSTwo, Acekard2i, M3i Zero, iEDGE.

On the M3i Zero I could only try Touchpod and not Sakura because apparently there's some cluster on my microsd, but it did work on touchpod.

Also it seems like whenever I do one flick and you begin to slow down, that it takes 2-3 seconds before I'm able to flick it again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: