HaxxStation: DS Download Station exploit

13 years.

The original DS was released in 2004, and to this day, no hax for Download Play had been made.

Until now.

Gericom found an exploit in DS Download Station, allowing us to run any homebrew we'd like over DS download play.

Source code for dspatch: https://github.com/Gericom/dspatch

Enjoy!

Credits:
Exploit: shutterbug2000, Gericom, and Apache Thunder
Graphics: Jaames, Robz8

And if you want to load unsupported flashcarts on a DSi:

Yes.
Here's Apache Thunder's flashcard launchers edited for HaxxStation. @shutterbug2000 should put this in the first post.
https://www.odrive.com/s/23b9f39c-ae15-4c1b-8ff7-64344fa6f2d2-5939fc7f

Attachments

• dspatch.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,278
  • dspatchv1.1.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,720
Last edited by shutterbug2000,

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for TWiLight Menu++ users like myself. How do I get HaxxStation to work on a DSi or 3DS using the systems' SD card? I know these systems don't need a flashcard to run TWLMenu++ and nds-bootstrap, unlike the original DS and DS Lite.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for TWiLight Menu++ users like myself. How do I get HaxxStation to work on a DSi or 3DS using the systems' SD card? I know these systems don't need a flashcard to run TWLMenu++ and nds-bootstrap, unlike the original DS and DS Lite.
All you do is put the patched ROM on your SD Card like any other game, at least I had it working like that

PlantedWave5190

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning to consider making ROMs for "DS Download Station - Nintendo Channel Archive" using HaxxStation, and every DS demo dumped from the Wii's Nintendo Channel. I do have several questions. How many demos can you fit onto a single HaxxStation ROM? What is the max limit? I'm considering of making separate volumes with compilations of USA Nintendo Channel DS demos.
Post automatically merged:

As for the metadata, How do I edit them to match to the official DS Download Station naming formula? For example, I want to name the Kirby Mass Attack demo to be:
Kirby Mass Attack Playable Demo

For the Personal Trainer: Cooking Mac & Cheese demo, I want to name it as:
Personal Trainer: Cooking Macaroni and Cheese

Xyvir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any homebrew apps/launchers I can use with this, that allows for launching .nds files off of SLOT-2 flashcards like supercard SD?

Or no?

Looks like the tools for the old DS CFW Flashme (FlashMe) are all super outdated.
Just let me know.

Xyvir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a bit of seeming progress trying to use Haxxstation to load .nds rom off SupercardSD on a stock original DS

By running an old firmware 'FWnitro' on the DS via Haxxstation and choosing 'Load DS from GBA' I seem to be able to get into the supercardSD menu in DS mode, (graphics on both screens) but when I try to launch anything, including a DS rom, I get stuck at 2 blank white screens.

This makes me think what I'm trying to do is theoretically possible (with the right homebrew .nds file) but I don't know enough about the underlying processes to know for sure.

If anybody has an experience with this i'd appreciate it.

EDIT: DSbrew Discord helped me out, apparently I can just install flashme CFW via Haxxstation : D, for some reason I thought that wouldn't work.

Last edited by Xyvir,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.