HaxxStation: DS Download Station exploit

13 years.

The original DS was released in 2004, and to this day, no hax for Download Play had been made.

Until now.

Gericom found an exploit in DS Download Station, allowing us to run any homebrew we'd like over DS download play.

Source code for dspatch: https://github.com/Gericom/dspatch

Enjoy!

Credits:
Exploit: shutterbug2000, Gericom, and Apache Thunder
Graphics: Jaames, Robz8

And if you want to load unsupported flashcarts on a DSi:

Yes.
Here's Apache Thunder's flashcard launchers edited for HaxxStation. @shutterbug2000 should put this in the first post.
https://www.odrive.com/s/23b9f39c-ae15-4c1b-8ff7-64344fa6f2d2-5939fc7f

Attachments

• dspatch.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 2,290
  • dspatchv1.1.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 1,733
Last edited by shutterbug2000,
D

Deleted User

Fun fact, FIX94's work will work on vWii (no it's not done yet don't ask).
20170610_153745.jpg
20170610_153742.jpg
In case you don't understand the pictures: it's showing my 5 DSes (DS Phat, O3DS xL EUR, JPN DSi, EUR DSi, DS Lite) seeing the PoC Haxx image from FIX94's app that I'm running on my vWii.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Fun fact, FIX94's work will work on vWii (no it's not done yet don't ask).
In case you don't understand the pictures: it's showing my 5 DSes (DS Phat, O3DS xL EUR, JPN DSi, EUR DSi, DS Lite) seeing the PoC Haxx image from FIX94's app that I'm running on my vWii.
Could some thing technically be made for the ds to so you don't need to use the ds download station rom

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
devs said before there was no way to load ROMs from the sd and they were wrong.

That was a software limitation though and people back then didn't think anyone would go through the trouble. However NTR mode is triggered by a write to a specific register that is only write once (which can only be reset by doing a soft reset) that can only occur once. This occurs at the hardware level. Hence it is physically impossible to switch back to TWL mode on a normal DSi/3DS. So when I say impossible, I mean impossible. :P

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what's this useful then for really only uses i can see is sending a cheat menu to another ds say if you have a 3ds with twl loader but no flash cart and you want to use cheats on your dslite or sending a gba wifi dumper.

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wait a minute... does the MSET exploit installer works from NTR mode?
Soooo...can we install MSET on 4.x/6.x 3ds wirelessly? (and, using nds-bootsrap properly, only with another modded 3ds,without a flascard?)
If yes, this exploit cloud be very useful back in gateway/rxtools times :D

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's this useful then for really only uses i can see is sending a cheat menu to another ds say if you have a 3ds with twl loader but no flash cart and you want to use cheats on your dslite or sending a gba wifi dumper.
You can run blocked flashcards on a DSi.
Where do I get that file?
Answered in the TWLoader thread.
Wait a minute... does the MSET exploit installer works from NTR mode?
Soooo...can we install MSET on 4.x/6.x 3ds wirelessly? (and, using nds-bootsrap properly, only with another modded 3ds,without a flascard?)
If yes, this exploit cloud be very useful back in gateway/rxtools times :D
Not with nds-bootstrap, though.

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Does your rom have a bad overlay table? You might need to unpack the rom with something like DSLazy and zero out the y9/y7 bin files. That's assuming you are using a older rom of the AceKard2i from before they used spoofed NTR games. The spoofed retail roms would most likely break if you do this so only do this on one that isn't a hacked retail rom. :P

EDIT: Also, hacked NTR games that some flashcarts use most likely exploit flaws in files in the NitroFS section of the game. Since NitroFS is not supported by HaxxStation or DS Download play in general, any attempt to launch a flashcart with such a rom will most likely fail anyways.

You will need to instead try the kernel SRL are an older AceKard rom dump from before they switched to spoofing games.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    linuxares @ linuxares: since the key gets bought with a stolen credit card