Hacking Official Haxchi v2.5u2 - a persistent WiiU hack

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got to use this. Didn't read the thread but i assume there's a way to change the icon, isn it?

Pretty happy with how things are going. Now i don't need to use loadiine.ovh anymore :)

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I need to re-run haxchi if i have a second account without nintendo id?

I just saw the haxchi icon there and and try to run it and got a black screen :(

NM, I rebooted wii u and works fine :)

Last edited by Angelita Perez,

adrenochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i dont get it .... there is something wrong with me : i tried a lot and haxchi is never installed

Environment :
  • Wiiu black 32GB 5.5.1
  • USB HD switched off
  • "Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training [PAL]" legally installed in internal Nand and functional
  • Using loadiine.ovh (2nd)entry "Homebrew Launcher 1.3 (5.5.0 - 5.5.1)" as the 1st one "1.4" is crashing
  • Homebrew Launcher 1.4
  • Haxchi 2.2u1 :
    "haxchi" data folder in root of the sd, containing bootDrcTex.tga, bootTvTex.tga, config.txt, iconTex.tga, title.txt
    "haxchi" app folder in wiiu/apps/ , containing haxchi.elf, icon.png, meta.xml
Trying patch :
  • Starting 2nd choice from loadiine.ovh (hbl1.3)
  • HomeBrew Launcher 1.4 from my SD gets loaded
  • Starting Haxchi 2.2u1 :
    Haxchi v2.2u1 by FIX94
    Credits to smea, plutoo, yellows8, naehrwert, derrek and dimok
    Please select the game for the installation from the list below.
    > Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training [PAL]
  • Pressing A
    You have selected the following game:
    > Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training [PAL]
    This will install Haxchi. To remove it you have to delete and
    re-install the game. If you are sure press A, else press HOME.
  • Pressing A
    Doing IOSU exploit ...
    No already existing rom.zip found in the game!
    Make sure to re-install your DS title and try again.
  • GamePad is going back to main menu
  • the game is untouched and unmodified and no other game icon looking like iconTex.tga picture
Then i tried replacing Haxchi 2.2u1 with 2.2 : same behavior
Then i tried replacing Haxchi 2.2 with 2.1 : Haxchi hangs forever after "Doing IOSU exploit ..."
Then, back to Haxchi 2.2u1, i though loadiine.ovh 2nd choice "hbl1.3" may have perhaps some things related to harcoded entrypoint addresses not matching with hbl1.4, so i replaced hbl1.4 with hbl1.3 : stil the same behavior described initially

hmmm ... i dont want any DS game injected, i only want the embedded/offline launcher functionality for hbl/fw.img
Any idea plz ?

thanks in advance

Last edited by adrenochrome,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont get it .... there is something wrong with me : i tried a lot and haxchi is never installed

My understanding is that this error happens with old versions of the VC DS titles. I guess the old versions weren't exploitable. Delete Brain Training and then redownload it. You should now have the newer exploitable version and the installer should succeed.

vatrak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I mean... I don't want to sound like an asshole... but have you reinstalled the DS game like it is asking you to?...

Lush

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for your constant upgrades and expanding wii u projects. Your work is the bleeding edge of what the end users get to enjoy!

adrenochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
wow ! :)
thanks @DocAmes1980 and @vatrak !!! :)
i deleted and reinstalled the game and now haxchi worked perfectly

indeed the order given by the message was the solution
but i dont think the message is really clear, the explanation dont sound that logic

i never thought it could exist different versions of the same game from nintendo, if another new version would have been available i would be convinced it would have already been updated.
So i though i inevitably already had the last version.
I know you can reinstall games you bought as much as you want but i dont remember how i get this game (wiipoints/stars, or some free operation like anniversary of some celebration) and i was afraid perhaps i could not get back this kind of free game (maybe even nintendo may have released a new anti-patch version)

@FIX94 : maybe change the message "Make sure to re-install your DS title and try again." to "Make sure to re-install your DS title and try again because some early versions aren't exploitable."

Last edited by adrenochrome,

flzmx

pull requested once
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got to use this. Didn't read the thread but i assume there's a way to change the icon, isn it?
Unzip haxchi.zip to the root of your SD Card. It should contain a couple of .tga files, a title.txt, and a config.txt.
You would want to edit iconTex.tga, you can edit it with GIMP.

Here's a couple things to know:
1. the icon MUST be 128x128 pixels
2. the icon MUST have a depth of 32. (add an alpha channel)
3. all of the .tga files MUST have ........TRUEVISION-XFILE.. at the end of the file
4. all of the .tga files MUST be uncompressed
You can check this with a Python program called TGAVerify, and will also add the ........TRUEVISION-XFILE.. at the end
You can also add that with any text editor.

If those conditions aren't met, then app will be unaccessible from the home screen until fixed.

Last edited by flzmx,

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never though it could exist different versions of the same game from nintendo, if another new version would have been available i would be convinced it would have already been updated.

Yeah it's weird like that. They updated the DS emulator or something. It doesn't prompt you for an update but if you redownload it you get the updated version.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My understanding is that this error happens with old versions of the VC DS titles. I guess the old versions weren't exploitable. Delete Brain Training and then redownload it. You should now have the newer exploitable version and the installer should succeed.
The problem is that the old version used "rom.nds" as opposed to "rom.zip." Functionally, they do the same thing (other than the NDS version made it insanely easy to inject games, which is why I assume it was changed), except for the fact that as I understand it, the zip format adds a bit more flexibility for what the console expects to be executed code-wise

NeroAngelo

Clueless Importer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
Installer didn't detect NSMB VC game :( bought on JP console :( weird, worked with the free Brain Age though, so all was not lost heh.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that the old version used "rom.nds" as opposed to "rom.zip." Functionally, they do the same thing (other than the NDS version made it insanely easy to inject games, which is why I assume it was changed), except for the fact that as I understand it, the zip format adds a bit more flexibility for what the console expects to be executed code-wise

Ahh I see. They used to use an uncompressed copy of the ROM and now they use a .zip.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Kirby's mass attack is on sale for only $5 :)
Ya, noticed it was the only DS title on sale in my region, and quickly checked the list and it was on it. Bought it.

How is it installed? Said it would be automatic.

I kept this unit linked to my NNID off the network (was on 5.3.2) and finally decided it was time to update to 5.5.1. It is updating right now, so hopefully after the update it detects the purchase and downloads it. Then I will disable the update server again.

Been using 5.5.1 and the CFW on a different machine which isn't linked to a NNID.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya, noticed it was the only DS title on sale in my region, and quickly checked the list and it was on it. Bought it.

How is it installed? Said it would be automatic.

I kept this unit linked to my NNID off the network (was on 5.3.2) and finally decided it was time to update to 5.5.1. It is updating right now, so hopefully after the update it detects the purchase and downloads it. Then I will disable the update server again.

Been using 5.5.1 and the CFW on a different machine which isn't linked to a NNID.

Worst case, you go into the store and download it again.

kidasquid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second sentence of the first post has a link to the list of useful games.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries