so any ideas?

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
it lets me choose x86 and x64, of course i choose x64. but whether i choose 64bit or 32 bit, it still shows a problem.

i'm not actually installing it from a disc. i tried extracting files from the iso to the hard drive and tried mounting the iso using PowerISO. is that a problem?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
It could be... I'd attempt to try burning it onto a disc if you have one. I've never seen such an issue and I attempted a few searches on a possible similar error and couldn't find anything. Hopefully someone else who knows more will come along.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've encountered the error a couple times, but both times it was caused by exactly what the error says: you cannot upgrade from x86 to x64 and visa versa. That's why I asked.

I don't think it's a good idea to try using a virtual drive to install Windows. I've never tried it myself, but I imagine it would cause problems during the actual installation.

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
hmm, i'll go buy a disc tomorrow or another day, if i can go out. or just buy a pirated copy instead. but i'll still wait if anyone has a suggestion.

EDIT: @Originality, i also tried installing it from the hard drive. i extracted the files from the iso.

Z

Zorua

Narayan said:
hmm, i'll go buy a disc tomorrow or another day, if i can go out. or just buy a pirated copy instead. but i'll still wait if anyone has a suggestion.

EDIT: @Originality, i also tried installing it from the hard drive. i extracted the files from the iso.

It could be a bad ISO. I suggest re-downloading a different one.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Make sure you're going to the same "version" as well (eg: Vista Ultimate -> Win7 Ultimate)

Maybe you can try installing it from an USB Stick.
http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-USB-DVD...4-10972600.html

(I mean reboot the PC and let it boot from the stick)

If you haven't done it yet, back up your files too. An upgrade isn't supposed to delete your files, but still.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Narayan said:

Whilst a method to upgrade (both custom and in-place upgrades) from the HDD does exist, it requires a specially prepared exe file to work (it's not the same as sticking the files from the DVD on the HDD and running it). Naturally, the copy that I have can't really be shared out because it's tied to my student license.

EDIT: Come to think about it, tj is right, there is a method to install from USB, using the files from the DVD. It's different from my HDD install file because it can run in a boot environment (like the DVD can).

nryn99

desu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
tj_cool said:
Maybe you can try installing it from an USB Stick
http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-USB-DVD...4-10972600.html

(I mean reboot the PC and let it boot from the stick)
my 4gb usb is broken, the only flash disk available is 2gb.
but i bookmarked it if i can borrow one.

Originality said:
Whilst a method to upgrade (both custom and in-place upgrades) from the HDD does exist, it requires a specially prepared exe file to work (it's not the same as sticking the files from the DVD on the HDD and running it). Naturally, the copy that I have can't really be shared out because it's tied to my student license.i see, thanks for the info.

QUOTE(Zorua @ Apr 12 2011, 05:06 PM)
It could be a bad ISO. I suggest re-downloading a different one.
well, i only see positive feedbacks form where i got this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...