Homebrew Having trouble getting an N64 inject for Mario Party 1 working

Computeraar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm pretty new to Wii U hacking, but have managed to install a couple of N64 and GC injects through WUP installer. I created these injects with UWUVCI and Teconmoon's injector respectively. I'm now trying to get Mario Party for N64 working. I've checked the compatibility list on the Wiki and it shows that the following needs to be done in order to get the game working:
'To make this work, open the Mario Party rom on a Hex editor and change the game's title ID (CLBE) to the Mario Party 2 title ID (NMWE). Then open the Mario Party 2 ini and change the backup type to 0 and backupsize to 2048. All the boards and minigames work perfectly, but there is a graphical glitch in the bank that does not show the stored items.'

So, I've edited the game's title ID as explained, but am now struggling with editing the ini file. I have the Mario Party 2 base, and in the content folder there is a config.ini. This ini file does not have the backup type and backup size options, but instead seems to only contain key mappings. In the /content/config folder I found an ini file for Mario Party 2 which does have these options. Am I supposed to edit that one and then replace that with the config.ini in the content folder? Or do I just edit it and then select it under the ini file option in UWUVCI? I've tried both of these things, but in both cases, after I select the game from my Wii U home screen, it gets stuck on the boot screen with the game's logo.

So, my question is, what am I doing wrong here? Am I editing the wrong ini file? Do I have to name it differently?
I'm sorry if this seems obvious, but I have been unable to figure it out.

Last edited by Computeraar,

Computeraar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
im at the same spot and im wondering where to get the Mario Party 2 ini -__-

I got the game working. I got in contact with UWUVCI's developer through the Nintendo Homebrew discord. You can download the 3.0 version of UWUVCI from there, which will now automatically prompt you to use the correct ini file after selecting your Mario Party ROM. The dev added the correct ini file for usage with Mario Party 1 after I explained my problem and now it works perfectly. I can't post links as a new user, but just look up Nintendo Homebrew discord and go to the pinned comments in the Wii U Assistance channel to find the download link for the new version of UWUVCI.

Edit: The pinned comment that contains the download link to this new version also contains a link to a guide on how to use this new version (with pictures) in case you're still having problems.

Edit 2: I should add that you should NOT change the Game ID, despite what the Wiki says.

Last edited by Computeraar,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8