• Cryptocurrency Warning:
    The risks of trading cryptocurrencies are mainly related to its volatility. They are high-risk and speculative and it is important that you understand the risks before you start trading. They are volatile: unexpected changes in market sentiment can lead to sharp and sudden moves in price.
    Please be aware that any information provided here can be the opinion of the author. Trade at your own risk.

Have you been investing in the stock market since quarantine began?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems we have a real badass here, don't mind us and keep going ur investments.
I was not really going for badass as much as countering an objectively incorrect statement.

I actually agree with the sentiment (don't invest what you can't afford to completely and utterly lose, same thing I say for gambling as well) but the markets were not in free fall during lockdown, that fall had already happened prior to it.
I would not say it is gambling either -- there might be skill in gambling but ultimately it is still chance based. If you are not chasing the crazy returns you can pick good companies doing good work (or at least monopolies), maybe have a go at shorting bad companies, and if you keep half an eye on things then you can also get out when things start looking like they are taking a turn for the worse (collapses are rarely instant and might take several days), and even if you can't be bothered with all that then index funds are generally pretty solid in most of the free world over the course of years/decades.

MohammedQ8

Trophies
XP
Country
Kuwait
I saved almost 6 months of my salaries and fortunately there aren’t great games this year so I upgraded my parents house like buy new good furniture and so on.

I have alot of money now that I want to make our house very fancy.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hope in the near future I get a good amount of money to buy another house to rent it to be my second source of income.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am also thinking of renting nice cars instead of buying them especially if they give me new car models every 2 years hehe

carllarl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Yes! i bought Alibaba stock and it has performed good, but i really wish i bought some Apple and Tesla, they have gone crazy!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My friend has actions at gaming companies, but I don't follow what she's doing and know nothing.
She has mostly Actions at french companies, like Dontnot Entertainment, Focus Home Interactive, etc.

sahabarun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to start trading because it looks like a legit way to make good money online without working too much, but I think I don’t have enough knowledge to start yet. I don’t want to lose too much money trying to learn how this market works, and I prefer to learn from others’ mistakes.
I think I want to begin with crypto trading because cryptos are now more accessible due to the fact that more people are selling their coins now because they are too afraid of the crypto market crash. But I try to learn from the best crypto informator, and I think it’s still a good time to make money on cryptos.

Last edited by sahabarun,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I really want to start trading because it looks like a legit way to make good money online without working too much, but I think I don’t have enough knowledge to start yet. I don’t want to lose too much money trying to learn how this market works, and I prefer to learn from others’ mistakes.
Yep, buy something that doesn't exist with real money, watch someone else in the Pyramid scheme get richer and then end up losing your money.....This is how crypto seems to work.

I saw this today and laughed:

Reactions: SylverReZ

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That Fried guy tainted the Crypto industry so are we to believe the only reliable currency is fiat? With CBDC coming they'll devalue their own currency in order to favor pushing their digital fiat coin instead. Yeah, sure it's "optional" until they decide it no longer is.

People work hard to earn their money and then the government and banksters can just decide to increase or decrease the value.

Sigh.

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users