Hacking Have the DS(i) piggyback off of the Wii (Tethering)

elimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to have this problem so I connected an older router with wep under another router that had wpa2. Now my DS is broken so I just use wpa2.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
linuxares said:
Honestly, who the hell want to sniff a home network? I guess you aint a secret agent or a celebirty.
If you want better protection, since you are forced to use WEP.

Wep+ Mac-address filtering and shut off SSID broadcast (as tk_saturn said). It's honestly just a false send of security anyway but still harder for a scriptkiddie to sniff your traffic.

anyone wanting to download will try and hack WEP, since the UK has brought in this new law, that anyone who owns an inet connection is made responsible for it, meaning if someone hacked your network and download a torrent and your IP was reported, then the owner would be sued not the hacker sitting outside your house in a car or the next door neighbour, so WEP is definitely a no no for my network.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Antics said:
As for WEP encryption, it takes me 5-10 minutes to crack a network with WEP. Bottom line.

Not all access points are that quick to hack with WEP. There are some that only allow you to passively monitor traffic, so you have to wait for someone on the network to transfer enough.
You can still hack it, just not as quick.

Turning off ssid broadcasting is bad for a laptop as it can't just watch for the network becoming available, it will constantly try to find your access point.
Which makes your laptop vunerable when you're out and about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one