Has there ever been a game...

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't get why people buy games like Pokemon to support the developers. Pokemon always sells MILLIONS, they make huge profits out of the games already, they don't need your support! Better off spending your money on titles that actually need the support, the money. Games like PES on Wii for example, or Kororinpa Wii. Those are gems that haven't sold enough to make a real profit out of them or guarantee a sequel.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
I don't get why people buy games like Pokemon to support the developers. Pokemon always sells MILLIONS, they make huge profits out of the games already, they don't need your support! Better off spending your money on titles that actually need the support, the money. Games like PES on Wii for example, or Kororinpa Wii. Those are gems that haven't sold enough to make a real profit out of them or guarantee a sequel.

Usually most people buy Pokemon games to use at events or for a greater sense of ownership. There's something about having all your accomplishments unique to a single cart instead of just having it as a file sitting amongst other games. Something like that. I haven't felt that personally but I think other people have.

I don't think I've bought any game I've pirated. If anything I've pirated games that I've bought (like older Gameboy Color games or Gameboy Advance games).

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Kingdom Hearts. Of course my opinion of that has changed, but yeah, I had a pirated one first.

Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria. I never got to buy the original so I made up for it by buying the (just about as good) sequel legitimately.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town. By far the best HM game along with HM 64.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. I played the (pirated) PC version at my cousin's house. So amazing that I got a PS1 version for myself. It was used though.
tongue.gif

Pokemon Emerald. It was worth it.

Pokemon Yellow. Worth it too.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One game that I bought after pirating was Race Driver Grid for PC. But that was only because the pirate version I had crashed a lot and I really liked the game, so I bought it to get a version that didn't crash all the time.

Another was Devil May Cry 4 for PC. I bought that one because the pirate version I had was a "rip" and was missing cut scenes and a couple other features, like music and the DX10 enhancements, so I bought it to get the full package.

Other than those though.....I don't think there were any. If there were, I don't remember them. I honestly don't see the point of buying something when I already have a complete version of it for free, unless it was for the reasons I mentioned above. Since I don't play games online, I don't have that consideration to force me to buy a legal version. I don't give a rat's ass about company's and their profit margins.

Loyalty to a company only costs you money. Even loyalty to a company you work for is a crock these days, when social status seems to mean more than work performance. But that's a rant reserved for a completely different discussion.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The latest one I can think of is Rise from the Ashes Wiiware. Right now I have a pirated copy of Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney, so having bought that game made me feel amazing since it's the first Ace Attorney game I've ever bought, even if it was only one case. Still, more games 5 to go...

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I think most of the games I bought were ones I pirated at one time.

Lemme see...

For PC:
-Unreal
-Unreal Tournament
-Fallout & Fallout 2 (the pack also came with fallout tactics, but I disliked that one)
-rollercoaster tycoon 1 & 2 (twice, in fact. I already had rollercoaster tycoon 1 and an expansion legally when that pack of the 2 games + 2 expansions each came out)
-(prince of Persia)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1