Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

starly396

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh its still ilegal to ban you from games you paid for the tos arent laws you nnid isn't banned but they still force you to buy another system if you want to redownload games you have delted of your ds

Except in today's world, you don't actually own the software you buy. Most companies grant you a revocable license. Imagine if the same thing happened to your Steam account...

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Except in today's world, you don't actually own the software you buy. Most companies grant you a revocable license. Imagine if the same thing happened to your Steam account...
thing is them taking the shop and all your eshop games away from you its like the devlopers taking there games back out of peoples houses just because they made the game they can't take other peoples copies away

HBMTCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im in the same boat im thinking about doing this. Are you able to access everything on the new ds? Are you able to create a new nnid access eshop

Honestly I haven'tr tried it... I'm scared as hell of eshop atm. Also I decided I would leave my n3ds without a NNID ... not risking getting my main NNID banned from wiiu.

RaveFlyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uh its still ilegal to ban you from games you paid for the tos arent laws you nnid isn't banned but they still force you to buy another system if you want to redownload games you have delted of your ds
I mean, good luck trying to pull over a lawsuit on Nintendo though. But considering I preordered both games before the pre-load was out. Decided to see if ISO had any new developments and played after I had put the money down for the games. I mean that's basically a transaction. If anything Game Stop or Nintendo should be the ones being punished for shady business practice, holding onto the games until much later when it was obvious that they were finished. The pre-loads were up pretty early.

Then again their ToS does stipulate manipulation of their platforms and services as a termination of "contract" but still. Seems like a bit of an overreaction. I don't doubt that there were some people who were never planning on paying for the games, but banning hackers from using the Eshop...well that's just silly.

I guess we wouldn't be in this boat if we hadn't gone online but hey, testing the limits.

Reactions: starly396

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well its good nintedo arent as bad as micosoft they can detect if you xbox is modded and console ban it nintedo can't do that with the 3ds though

HBMTCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, I've unbanned my 3ds with the movable.sed method and picked up the Sun cart I ordered. I'm still paranoid that I'll get banned again lol

I feel you. Yesterday my wifi failed at home and the first thing that crossed my mind is "NINTENDO BANNED MY HOME WIFI"... Then it worked again like 30 seconds later and I realized I needed some peace of mind.

Reactions: gamered

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I've unbanned my 3ds with the movable.sed method and picked up the Sun cart I ordered. I'm still paranoid that I'll get banned again lol
It's not paranoia, it's extremely likely we'll be banned again, I'm pretty sure the changed LFS is pretty easy to track. My atomic unban solution, should other methods be rendered ineffective, is to replace the motherboard, which run around $70 on eBay.

Rendezv0us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It's not paranoia, it's extremely likely we'll be banned again, I'm pretty sure the changed LFS is pretty easy to track. My atomic unban solution, should other methods be rendered ineffective, is to replace the motherboard, which run around $70 on eBay.
I'd rather get another 3ds instead of replacing the mobo tbh.

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

I wouldn't be so sure if it's that easy to track.

If you use a seed from a friend and he connects at the same time then maybe, but if you for example use a seed from your OWN movable.sed that came from a system transfer... how the hell would they know? It's from your own system, and the wifi only checks for that seed and nothing else to allow you to connect.

They could overhaul their networking and apply consoleID checks to wifi, but that would require a firmware upgrade and we can always spoof and stay on lower.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by ultros7,
Reactions: demounit

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be so sure if it's that easy to track.

If you use a seed from a friend and he connects at the same time then maybe, but if you for example use a seed from your OWN movable.sed that came from a system transfer... how the hell would they know? It's from your own system, and the wifi only checks for that seed and nothing else to allow you to connect.

They could overhaul their networking and apply consoleID checks to wifi, but that would require a firmware upgrade and we can always spoof and stay on lower.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Not only that but I highly doubt after their blanket ban they would go to those extremes so close to the EoF anyway (yes I realize it will be "supported" until 2018 or so but that's irrelevant) with the switch right around the corner. Makes me wonder why they are so non-chalant about the WiiU in comparison to the 3DS though.

SaffronXL

The Grand Galactic Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its like the devlopers taking there games back out of peoples houses just because they made the game they can't take other peoples copies away
Along that same insane line of reasoning as that metaphor, it's like we kidnapped and raped the CEO's wife.

I really hope you guys are right, but what about the MAC address? I figured they'd use that bastard to bust us in the future.

Last edited by SaffronXL,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Along that same insane line of reasoning as that metaphor, it's like we kidnapped and raped the CEO's wife.
No, no it's not.When you buy digital media, you are not buying ownership of the content, period. You are literally renting a license to use the software on your own hardware. Physical cartridges obviously aren't. This means (and read the ToS you hit "agree" on before buying anything) that they can for any reason rescind that license at their discretion because they own it. You do not. With physical, it's the exact same you do own the actual disc but you still don't own the data period, so if the game requires an update that you can't access because you got banned; ToS my friend. Point is, you own the medium outright, you don't own the media period so they can take it away whenever they want to.

Matadon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're still doing this ?
It's page 370 and you were saying the same retarded thing on page like 20, are you 12 ? Because you need parental permission to be on this site

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo