Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not hard to fake a receipt indicating you had it before a specific date. On top of all of that, what about people who received shipments early? Nintendo never told anyone not to go online early and plenty of people obtained their copies early without any warnings.
I agree which is why I feel like this was a pretty irrational solution by Nintendo. These bans should have started last week, NOT two days before actual release then half the people that got legit carts a few days early would be in the clear. Ninty waited until the last possible minute and in doing so banned legit users too. That's bad practice IMO

ultros7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm pretty sure it's illegal for them to ban people with legit early copies.

If I see a store selling the game early, it's not my responsibility to know the release date. If the store sells it to me, then it's on them. It makes no sense to me if legit copy users really got the 022-2812 total ban, Nintendo wouldn't be that stupid, it'll be instant lawsuit territory.

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would doing this tutorial, combined with an injection of a clean 3DS's friend code thing (forgetting the name right now) potentially allow Bank access?
Someone had bank access but I hate to say it you have to storm through this thread and find it

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

W

If I see a store selling the game early, it's not my responsibility to know the release date. If the store sells it to me, then it's on them. It makes no sense to me if legit copy users really got the 022-2812 total ban, Nintendo wouldn't be that stupid, it'll be instant lawsuit territory.
We could fall in the category of getting unbanned with them or anyone including today or starting to go online today

Gourmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I have understood correctly, we now know how to get rid of the 002-0102 ban.
But is doing so going to make online unusable on the 3DS which the file comes from ? Can we get rid of the ban or are we just moving it elsewhere ?

renatosk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
don't care about those salty people who didn't get to play the game early.

Just care (partially) about getting an unban method for eshop,
since friendcode works for 0102
wait... what ? What is this about friendcode , i only have 0102 error >_>

Alucardio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this about 50 pages ago, and for the sake of new viewers coming in I will do it again:

What we know so far:
- Bans were handed out to people who played Sun and Moon online
- People who connected to the internet in game and used the Festival Plaza features were struck
- Reviewers and people who were sold a cart early were hit too
- You're safe if you play the game with Wifi enabled, just don't use online features in the game itself
- Some people were able to skirt around the ban and were lucky
- If you were hit with an error code starting with 002- can fix that with this method http://i.imgur.com/VC8DIdB.png however we don't know of any side effects
- If you play the game but don't connect to any online features then you should be fine

What we're unsure of so far:
- We don't know if Mystery Gift bans you. Conflicting reports were posted
- enMTW is still being coy about giving any sort of concrete detail. For now, we can do nothing but ignore him until proof comes
- There seems to be a way to unban yourself with NTR, but we're not sure of details
- We don't know what triggered the ban. It could have been the odd version number, the digital copy, or simply playing online before release
- We don't know how long the ban will last, and whether it is permanent or temporary

Not all heroes wear capes!

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Unless it's temporary. Companies are within their right to pull the plug on their services when they have been compromised period. How many times have people been kicked off PSN/Xbox Live because of ban waves or hackers and who suffers? EVERYONE. They really don't care.

Reactions: Queno138

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is he banned from eshop and NNID or is it only a 002-0102 ban? This is very important.
Both

Early copy from gs? Pretty sure the transaction won't go through until the 18th.
He's gonna pay for it when it registers in their system. He's good friends with the manager

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it's temporary. Companies are within their right to pull the plug on their services when they have been compromised period. How many times have people been kicked off PSN/Xbox Live because of ban waves or hackers and who suffers? EVERYONE. They really don't care.
People get banned for no reason sometimes too

D

Deleted-19228

And by go online, literally, don't power up with wifi...Seems dumb. This MTW guy seems to have been able to regenerate the friendcode file though so we'll see.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
That doesn't make sense, unless you swapped the files.

well both my 3ds were able to go online, just didnt try at the same time.
(I didn't swap, i copied the file. I was also able to ban an unbanned unit)

Also, since their banning are typically retroactive,
my fear is they'll ban the unbanned friendcode, if they have some way of identifying so.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm, I've logged on the Festival thing a few days ago, and went on GTS, but never actually traded anything. Am I safe?
Also, is the ban only for S/M or is it a console ban from internet features?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol