Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't recall my cousin played it I didn't touch it at all plus it's server based has to be that's why it traced back too everyone

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Even someone who had the physical copy got banned but it had to be cause of the servers we just need confirmation on it
While I agree, I doubt there will be any way to truly confirm this.

Reactions: Decorations

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend with a physical copy got banned. He just got it over the weekend from a friend at GameStop.
So is this a good sign we'll most likely be receiving temp bans only? I mean those who had physical legal carts complain and bam blanket unbanning? unless they know who was legit or not? Surely they won't go case by case in appeals or something.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is no difference between a retail card and a cia, both contain the same CXI, even the hashes match.
Also retail cards don't have version numbers, it's stored in the tmd and ticket, which retail games don't have (this is why the leak is version 0)
We all got banned, because we played online early. Even legit retail carts got banned.

D

Deleted-19228

It's very likely the fact we were all (I assume all of us banned did wondertrade or activate in game online functionalities) online that got us banned. It's really all speculation on whether the .cia leak played a part.

No, it's not. LEGITIMATE cartridges were banned too. It didn't matter if it was digital or physical. Both people got banned.

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Anyone has the link to that tutorial where you get rid of the 022-2812 error until you reboot?

Decorations

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no difference between a retail card and a cia, both contain the same CXI, even the hashes match.
Also retail cards don't have version numbers, it's stored in the tmd and ticket, which retail games don't have (this is why the leak is version 0)
We all got banned, because we played online early. Even legit retail carts got banned.
So there's our confirmation right ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone has the link to that tutorial where you get rid of the 022-2812 error until you reboot?
Type dark flares on youtube and unban

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is this a good sign we'll most likely be receiving temp bans only? I mean those who had physical legal carts complain and bam blanket unbanning? unless they know who was legit or not? Surely they won't go case by case in appeals or something.
They have no way to tell who is who, only who accessed online early through their console or NNID specific peripherals. Anyone could be anyone else, so I doubt it would be a case by case thing. Yet, Pretty sure you would have to empirically prove you had the catridge legit BEFORE release. Like a POP dated last week or something if you expect Ninty to help you.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I did this about 50 pages ago, and for the sake of new viewers coming in I will do it again:

What we know so far:
- Bans were handed out to people who played Sun and Moon online
- People who connected to the internet in game and used the Festival Plaza features were struck
- Reviewers and people who were sold a cart early were hit too
- You're safe if you play the game with Wifi enabled, just don't use online features in the game itself
- Some people were able to skirt around the ban and were lucky
- If you were hit with an error code starting with 002- can fix that with this method http://i.imgur.com/VC8DIdB.png however we don't know of any side effects
- If you play the game but don't connect to any online features then you should be fine

What we're unsure of so far:
- We don't know if Mystery Gift bans you. Conflicting reports were posted
- enMTW is still being coy about giving any sort of concrete detail. For now, we can do nothing but ignore him until proof comes
- There seems to be a way to unban yourself with NTR, but we're not sure of details
- We don't know what triggered the ban. It could have been the odd version number, the digital copy, or simply playing online before release
- We don't know how long the ban will last, and whether it is permanent or temporary

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
D

Deleted-19228

They have no way to tell who is who, only who accessed online early through their console or NNID specific peripherals. Anyone could be anyone else, so I doubt it would be a case by case thing. Yet, Pretty sure you would have to empirically prove you had the catridge legit BEFORE release. Like a POP dated last week or something if you expect Ninty to help you.

Not hard to fake a receipt indicating you had it before a specific date. On top of all of that, what about people who received shipments early? Nintendo never told anyone not to go online early and plenty of people obtained their copies early without any warnings.

OkazakiTheOtaku

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Guys, from what I can tell there is zero point in debating why we were banned.

We know we were banned. We know legitimate buyers were banned. We know that reviewers were banned.

We don't know if it's temporary.

Unless we have an angel from the heavens bringing us gospel from Nintendo there will be no way to know.

Reactions: Guipradi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu