Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Jubash

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Have the people who are banned been very active online the last few days or have some of you not touched the game for a little while?
Cuz I haven't played since last friday and only messed around online that day for the first and last time.

Kinda afraid to find I'm being perma-banned.
Only went online for a bit on the Plaza and didn't even interacted with other people. I really just went online. And got banned.
Guess I was asking for it.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which error did you get?

Everyone that got banned has both a 022-2812 ban and a 002-0102 ban.

002-0102 restricts your console from playing online in games. This is a mac ban (or potentially a hyperban) not a console ID ban and, as such, has no bypass method

022-2812 restricts your console from accessing nintendo network services. If you have a NNID currently linked to your system this will restrict access to services that require it (eshop, miiverse, etc). If you don't have an NNID it will restrict your ability to create a new NNID. Again this is a mac ban or hyperban and has no bypass method

Last edited by marksteele,

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Welp, got banned. Stupid me decided to use Wonder Trade just today. Is this a perma-ban or don't we know yet? I don't care about being banned from Pokemon but I can't play ACNL online anymore which is a bit more of a bother.

Reactions: Jubash

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
You won't get banned. There is no way for Nintendo/gamefreak to determine if you're using the leaked copy or if you're using an early copy from either them(youtubers are receiving them) or from a mistake from a store

If you are caught using the cia version when the eshop version is not even available, what nintendo would do is anybody's guess

Reactions: MSco and dimmidice

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
>Going online in a game that is not released yet
>Not expecting a slight chance of countermeasures

To be fair, people got what they asked for

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
going online with an unreleased game is unbelievable dumb specially with hacked ones

still people with physical copies should not be ban over this ( if you have a actual physical copy contact Nintendo support )

Reactions: Arkansaw
D

Deleted User

I thought it was safe to play online because the last time i was playing online on a leaked copy of a dragon quest game and i didn't get banned

DeadlyEdge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went online a couple of days ago, played on the plaza a bit, and interacted with people a bit and have tested my 3DS and I am not banned. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, I better not go online until release day for SuMo.

MisterPantsEyes

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Who ever told you that is quite the asshole.
I don't know who it was, but people on /vp/ said that Nintendo can't know if you pirated or bought the game.

He's a shitposter from /vp/, don't reply.
But I'm actually banned.
duoIQsd.jpg

How do I fix this shit?

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
i only made a local trade between two 3DS,how to check i am banned?
the game automatically log online or i have to manually log online inside the game?

I pwned U!

I am pleased to beat you!
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It seems that everyone here has a Hyperban. Fortunately, there has been a bit of progress recently for bypassing them:
Alright, so I should admit that I didn't really find a way to fully bypass a hyperban. Well, I did... but it's very temporary, and you'd have to do it every time you reboot. This will also only work for Nintendo Network ID-related services, no online stuff until some other day. It's otherwise pretty simple though, so here's how I did it, I guess.
Download the latest NTR CFW, and get this plugin.
Start up your 3DS, and launch NTR CFW.
Hit X+Y on the home menu, go down to 'Process explorer', and get to PID 21.
Use the touch screen scrollbar (or anything else) to get to 0x00117636.
Here, you should see "X-Nintendo-Device-ID". Use the editor to change that to literally anything else, like "X-Nintendo-Dedede-ID". (X/Y is up/down when changing bytes)
Scroll down a bit more to find "X-Nintendo-FPD-Version", it was at 0x0011776E for me. Change that to "X-Nintendo-Device-ID; this is how you're going to actually make a difference. (Nintendo's servers don't actually care about your FPD version or Dedede ID; they track bans by the Device ID, and this is how we're changing it, since the actual device ID is nowhere to be found in the RAM.)
There's four ASCII zeroes right before X-Nintendo-FPD-Version; this is where it comes from. Change this to whatever you want, it really doesn't matter as long as everyone isn't using "0000" as a deviceID.
Do whatever until you reboot or close System Settings.
This isn't really the best method, and is only a proof-of-concept really. But hey, I had a Sunday deadline, and I had to show something. Maybe this could be made easier using an NTR plugin that does this directly, or maybe even something that could spoof the deviceID itself? Who knows?

I'm sorry if this isn't what you wanted. I'll go back into hibernation now.
Hyperbans are only tracked via the DeviceID in this situation. He edited RAM in the ACT process (ACT is for network accounts) that could edit the DeviceID to something else, I'm not really exact on that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I might as well mention that I've circumvented a hyperban on my 2DS as well. Yes, it is hyperbanned.
I redirected all account.nintendo.net requests to my PC so I could modify the requests and send them back to the server.
This is a more 'controllable' method as you can spoof everything in the request and response.
YVCww5I.png
xYylsJq.jpg

And proof, since I wasn't hyperbanned too long ago:
vicp0Gr.jpg

PF2M is louder than me in a lot of ways, so I didn't really release this info when I first achieved this a few days ago.

Reactions: The Cringe

Tanooks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only made a local trade between two 3DS,how to check i am banned?
the game automatically log online or i have to manually log online inside the game?
If it was a local wireless trade, it shouldn't affect you. Do not. Go Online. AT ALL. Until release day.
Check through eShop though.

Reactions: Arkansaw and MSco

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not sure if that or RC Pro AM was my favorite NES racing game... hmmmm
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I loved the rc pro am games
    @SylverReZ, RC Pro AM was made by Rare, and that explains why I liked it. Just learned the other day about a game I loved that was made by Rare and I was surprised lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was playing need for speed remastered and said to myself this is a nice Forza remaster
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome but man the hits on that list.
    Oh snap Super Offroad was by them too? lol damn
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Today I learned that the creators of the Donkey Kong games also made Sea of Thieves
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    why do i feel the sudden urge to start singing pirate's scorn from the donkey kong country cartoon?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you being for real, cause that's hard to believe, DK is Nintendo and made in japan, Sea of thieves was from Microsoft, in America. I'm not calling you a liar, just didn't know.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yes they were both made by Rare, but DK was from Rare back then, Rare now is owned by MS. So makes since.
    +1
    They even developed a LJN game.... lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was pretty rare
    I wonder what deal with Satan LJN worked to get Rare to make that one...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember couple years ago, they announced they were working on a Perfect Dark remake, wonder what ever happen with that?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It went into the darkness
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and buddies used to play the hell out of Perfect Dark on N64, that and Goldeneye, was the first real PvP shooter games I remember
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    4-way split screen on a tiny 19" TV, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you share joysticks also
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh we had the 4 controller add on thingy for n64. Duh I just got your joke, lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So you touched ends
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, but being in the boy scouts, they forced us to
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chopped down some wood for the scout master
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Big Gay Al was our Scout leader.