Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In addition to the 002-012 bans everyone involved also has a 022-2812 ban. The first bans you from accessing online services in games. The second bans you from accessing nintendo network services. From what I understand this bans your systems MAC and replacing secureinfo and nnidsave.bin WON'T FIX THIS

Last edited by marksteele,

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok here's what I've found so far:

After replacing secureinfo and nnidsave.bin you will still get

A 022-2812 error when you try to create a new ID
A 002-0102 error when trying to connect in online games (note: only tested with moon)

While I CAN access the eshop, trying to download something requires an NNID and thus results in a 022-2812 error

What I suspect: From doing a bit of reading, apparently the 022-2812 error is the only error that bans your mac address rather than your console ID. As such, replacing your console ID in secureinfo won't solve this. All we can do is wait it out and hope its temporary

edit: added details

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stupid question, could they be taking down the "Preview" servers and just getting ready for the massive load of Day 1 servers?

HenryLeonheart

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any way to circumvent this? I assume after changing NNID and console info, changing the MAC address. But we can't really do that, can we?

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there any way to circumvent this? I assume after changing NNID and console info, changing the MAC address. But we can't really do that, can we?

As far as I know there is no way to spoof the mac address. Also it's only speculation (from reading about the ban) that it's a MAC address ban, it could be something different.

At this point all we can do is hope these are temporary bans.

Reactions: HenryLeonheart

tsunau

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recall someone saying that they replaced their LocalFriendCodeSeed_A on CTR Nand with an injection of LocalFriendCodeSeed_B; can anyone confirm this can work? Don't we need a download link to a new LocalFriendCodeSeed_B?

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Have the people who are banned been very active online the last few days or have some of you not touched the game for a little while?
Cuz I haven't played since last friday and only messed around online that day for the first and last time.

Kinda afraid to find I'm being perma-banned.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have the people who are banned been very active online the last few days or have some of you not touched the game for a little while?
Cuz I haven't played since last friday and only messed around online that day for the first and last time.

Kinda afraid to find I'm being perma-banned.

I only connected once and still got banned. Assuming the ban is perm and we get more info on injecting a new cert file it's possible that you could buy a new 3DS, extract the cert file, return it then inject that cert file into your current 3DS. That being said if that DOES work, you could potentially screw an innocent person over so I'm just going to say your a **** if you do this.

Tanooks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only connected once and still got banned. Assuming the ban is perm and we get more info on injecting a new cert file it's possible that you could buy a new 3DS, extract the cert file, return it then inject that cert file into your current 3DS. That being said if that DOES work, you could potentially screw an innocent person over so I'm just going to say your a **** if you do this.
Which error did you get?

ertre

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Don't have the money to suddenly go buy a 3DS anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1