Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but was there any real reports of people getting ban in europe after the 18th?
street date broke always happens,but not like 10 days for sun and moon.
This.

One person claimed he/she was banned when playing a legitimate copy. Apparently some store broke the street date or something. He/she refused to provide a copy of receipt of purchase of the game when asked, and just kept typing nonsense.

I think we need to move on with the whole ban fiasco. It's not Nintendo's fault for getting banned, but your idiocy, and irresponsibility for going online with a leaked copy of a key franchise. I don't understand people's logic with this, were they expecting Nintendo to just let people cause a huge financial loss without any form of retaliation?

Then there are people who are also still whining about also getting banned from eShop as if they're actually buying any games.

Reactions: lonewolf08

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TLDR: The first waves were for people going online early. The recent bans were practically re-bans because people have been sharing the LFSCB and it would stand to reason that Nintendo simply bans the LFSCB where multiple devices are using the same one.
Makes sense, but has Nintendo gone after people in any way other than just checking their online logs and banning the people who played early or used the Discord LFSCB's?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Makes sense, but has Nintendo gone after people in any way other than just checking their online logs and banning the people who played early or used the Discord LFSCB's?
iirc anyone who did not go online with the leaked copy, did not get banned.

Discord's LFSCB was banned, because it's public. Therefore, many people who were banned used it.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
This.

One person claimed he/she was banned when playing a legitimate copy. Apparently some store broke the street date or something. He/she refused to provide a copy of receipt of purchase of the game when asked, and just kept typing nonsense.

I think we need to move on with the whole ban fiasco. It's not Nintendo's fault for getting banned, but your idiocy, and irresponsibility for going online with a leaked copy of a key franchise. I don't understand people's logic with this, were they expecting Nintendo to just let people cause a huge financial loss without any form of retaliation?

Then there are people who are also still whining about also getting banned from eShop as if they're actually buying any games.
i agree with that,anyone getting banned he/she should take it,using public file to getting unbanned is more stupid,nintendo can easily put that file on black list.

i don't get why the people who got banned in their 3DS want to use the banned 3DS to play online (i am talking to people who own more then one 3DS)
and even if you have one 3DS,if you want to play online then buy new one,they are cheap.

puppisama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
TLDR: The first waves were for people going online early. The recent bans were practically re-bans because people have been sharing the LFSCB and it would stand to reason that Nintendo simply bans the LFSCB where multiple devices are using the same one.

I'm also thinking because maybe one of those with a shared LFSCB got online in a game before the date... again.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a 36 minute call to Nintendo, all they could say is that I violated TOS, I had to convince them I purchased the games legitimately through Amazon, thus it comes down to the whole "unauthorized software" thing, which of course they don't go into detail about. After further evaluation, the common link with these 3 banned N3DSes is that they played Pokemon Sun, specifically one had the ROM running through Gateway.

My theories on why I got banned.

1.) Using a patched code.bin/.ips, going online with it. Namely SciresM's original patch, and just an ips version of it for testing. QR code patching and no-outlines, maybe the latter triggered Nintendo's ban.

2.) Using PKMN-NTR to live edit the game. The edits would be live to the point of say I trade the requested pokemon with someone, and I realized I made a mistake. During the trade, I'd edit the pesky pokemon, clearing up the errors with it. This is something I've done in the Gen VI games, so this is another theory with no precedent. The common thread also just so happens to be N3DS, whereas O3DS consoles, no issues.

3.) Gateway, perhaps using the ROM in one system, which had a much older save of the one from the cart, was an issue. Going online with that particular game at the same time as the legit cart, that's a strong theory. After all, I started this just 2 days ago. Hmmm.

Lastly, the woman said the bans on two of the consoles are temporary, she couldn't say about the one that never went online with the Gateway ROM, and also the most important console due to the NNID having Pokemon Bank. Again, this is just the 002-0102, I haven't gotten the NNID ban. From what I read, the ban is supposed to last 15 days, but she didn't tell me that, she didn't give an exact window of time, so basically I have no clue when the ban will be lifted. The solace is that it's temporary, and my immediate action is to change up the Gateway method. Again, I did it solely to speed up the GTS request process. I mod for a subreddit that's getting flooded with Gen 7 GTS requests, doing them all off one game was getting to me, I figured going to the ROM will help, on another console. Instead I should either restart the ROM, new save, or start up Moon and make it to Festival Plaza, whether it be through the legit cart I have, or the ROM. With this ban though, I'll have time to play through the legit cart, so this will most likely be the immediate action to take.

Calming down after the phone call, I won't deny I violated TOS, I pretty much have been doing that for 2 years, everyone here has basically, through homebrew or CFW usage. Doesn't mean pirating, I never went online with the leaked SM games for instance. What's bothering me is not knowing the reason outright, so I could avoid doing it again, all I have now are these three theories. For my patience, I'll assume number 3 is the culprit, Nintendo was able to nail the fact that those three consoles have been using Sun, ban. On the other hand, today I got online through an O3DS using the Sun cart, and while I can still go online through that, if that gets banned too, I'll know for sure that's the culprit. Of course, I don't hope it gets banned.

I don't know about requests for the time being, I was thinking of not doing them at all, but without knowing the time span of the ban, I may have to just keep at it, in a slower, more restrained rate. Seeing as there's no ban wave due to these specific theories, I'm convinced it's isolated, not a blanket ban, the fact it's temporary says as much. Perhaps I do deserve a stern talking to for doing this, being a bad boy to daddy Ninty. The thing is though I hack Pokemon for people more than I do myself. Currently on Sun I'm soft resetting Solgaleo, and have not resorted to hacking a Catcher Smeargle or enabling a 100% capture patch, bred an Adamant Syncrhonizer Abra legitimately, catching a legitimate Ditto. It's a habit to play through the story without cheating at all, and then do a bit of this and that afterwards. Yes I've used PKMN-NTR to read IVs of the Solgaleo, but you can basically do that legitimately through an IV calculator, you get a bit of a range as opposed to exact values, but still.

Just saying, not the stupid pirate that got his/her ass banned for playing the games early and going online with them. I'm the somewhat stupid person for doing number 3, I could've just fired up Moon and make it to Plaza, and even edit the save to have the Dex complete, or not do that part, I can get by without it. I don't think 1 or 2 caused the bans, they're theories though, I think 3 is the most likely since it really comes off the heels of starting it. I'm expecting a call back with more details about the ban hopefully. They said they'll contact me and will e-mail me the TOS, as if I need it.

Last edited by RustInPeace,
Reactions: lww and H1B1Esquire

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all those asking about the discord, let me clear some things up. Firstly, there were 2 ban discords open, I was admin of both. The first one had way too much drama and eventually fell apart, I will not use names to avoid starting an argument here. I ended up quitting that server before it fell to complete shit. I have no idea if it is still up or not, but a lot of members abandoned ship for the other discord.

The other discord is still up and running, but both the lfcs and the server are private now and we are not accepting new members. You can all thank @Luckkill4u for that, he decided to leak our lfcs file not once, but twice, and that is why they are banned now, because of white knights that got their hands on it. We have a new one again, but it will not be shared.

I'm sorry to all those still banned, I know this isn't good news. Just updating everyone on what's happening.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Konako

2B Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To all those asking about the discord, let me clear some things up. Firstly, there were 2 ban discords open, I was admin of both. The first one had way too much drama and eventually fell apart, I will not use names to avoid starting an argument here. I ended up quitting that server before it fell to complete shit. I have no idea if it is still up or not, but a lot of members abandoned ship for the other discord.

The other discord is still up and running, but both the lfcs and the server are private now and we are not accepting new members. You can all thank @Luckkill4u for that, he decided to leak our lfcs file not once, but twice, and that is why they are banned now, because of white knights that got their hands on it. We have a new one again, but it will not be shared.

I'm sorry to all those still banned, I know this isn't good news. Just updating everyone on what's happening.
Well I'm ok with this
Still want to make a last thanks to Alucard for the lfcs that got me to play online just a little bit more!

Last edited by Konako,
Reactions: MadMageKefka

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
The one from the guy(I think) with a vampire avatar...There was some small "test" to pass before being able to access the "how to unban thread" and being able to download the file...I downloaded but didn't use it, prefering to keep it as a last resort...

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
=
3.) Gateway, perhaps using the ROM in one system, which had a much older save of the one from the cart, was an issue. Going online with that particular game at the same time as the legit cart, that's a strong theory. After all, I started this just 2 days ago. Hmmm.
so,you used the same game with the same save online in the same time? why?
i also used the freeshop version on 3DS and real cart on another 3DS so i can trade with my self,but only using wifi not online.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm ok with this
Still want to make a last thanks you for the lfcs that got me to play online just a little bit more!
Credit goes to @KailenMeliodas . All those files so far have been his.

The one from the guy(I think) with a vampire avatar...There was some small "test" to pass before being able to access the "how to unban thread" and being able to download the file...I downloaded but didn't use it, prefering to keep it as a last resort...
Hard to say because of the time frame. Thats the discord thats still going, but im not 100% sure when the file was changed. If u are still part of the discord, u should redownload it to be safe.

Last edited by MadMageKefka,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't have a link to it anymore...The invite i had expired...

Last time i got sent a message from it was at 2 in the morning (in my time zone) on the 07th...while I was sleeping...

Last edited by Amapola62,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I probably won't ever try it...I don't want Nintendo to hate me more than they do now by evading bans...I prefer to use my other 3ds for online than using its seed to unban my banned N3ds because I don't want both banned...

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After a 36 minute call to Nintendo, all they could say is that I violated TOS, I had to convince them I purchased the games legitimately through Amazon, thus it comes down to the whole "unauthorized software" thing, which of course they don't go into detail about. After further evaluation, the common link with these 3 banned N3DSes is that they played Pokemon Sun, specifically one had the ROM running through Gateway.

My theories on why I got banned.

1.) Using a patched code.bin/.ips, going online with it. Namely SciresM's original patch, and just an ips version of it for testing. QR code patching and no-outlines, maybe the latter triggered Nintendo's ban.

2.) Using PKMN-NTR to live edit the game. The edits would be live to the point of say I trade the requested pokemon with someone, and I realized I made a mistake. During the trade, I'd edit the pesky pokemon, clearing up the errors with it. This is something I've done in the Gen VI games, so this is another theory with no precedent. The common thread also just so happens to be N3DS, whereas O3DS consoles, no issues.

Lastly, the woman said the bans on two of the consoles are temporary, she couldn't say about the one that never went online with the Gateway ROM, and also the most important console due to the NNID having Pokemon Bank. Again, this is just the 002-0102, I haven't gotten the NNID ban. From what I read, the ban is supposed to last 15 days, but she didn't tell me that, she didn't give an exact window of time, so basically I have no clue when the ban will be lifted. The solace is that it's temporary, and my immediate action is to change up the Gateway method. Again, I did it solely to speed up the GTS request process. I mod for a subreddit that's getting flooded with Gen 7 GTS requests, doing them all off one game was getting to me, I figured going to the ROM will help, on another console. Instead I should either restart the ROM, new save, or start up Moon and make it to Festival Plaza, whether it be through the legit cart I have, or the ROM. With this ban though, I'll have time to play through the legit cart, so this will most likely be the immediate action to take.

Calming down after the phone call, I won't deny I violated TOS, I pretty much have been doing that for 2 years, everyone here has basically, through homebrew or CFW usage. Doesn't mean pirating, I never went online with the leaked SM games for instance. What's bothering me is not knowing the reason outright, so I could avoid doing it again, all I have now are these three theories. For my patience, I'll assume number 3 is the culprit, Nintendo was able to nail the fact that those three consoles have been using Sun, ban. On the other hand, today I got online through an O3DS using the Sun cart, and while I can still go online through that, if that gets banned too, I'll know for sure that's the culprit. Of course, I don't hope it gets banned.

I don't know about requests for the time being, I was thinking of not doing them at all, but without knowing the time span of the ban, I may have to just keep at it, in a slower, more restrained rate. Seeing as there's no ban wave due to these specific theories, I'm convinced it's isolated, not a blanket ban, the fact it's temporary says as much. Perhaps I do deserve a stern talking to for doing this, being a bad boy to daddy Ninty. The thing is though I hack Pokemon for people more than I do myself. Currently on Sun I'm soft resetting Solgaleo, and have not resorted to hacking a Catcher Smeargle or enabling a 100% capture patch, bred an Adamant Syncrhonizer Abra legitimately, catching a legitimate Ditto. It's a habit to play through the story without cheating at all, and then do a bit of this and that afterwards. Yes I've used PKMN-NTR to read IVs of the Solgaleo, but you can basically do that legitimately through an IV calculator, you get a bit of a range as opposed to exact values, but still.

Just saying, not the stupid pirate that got his/her ass banned for playing the games early and going online with them. I'm the somewhat stupid person for doing number 3, I could've just fired up Moon and make it to Plaza, and even edit the save to have the Dex complete, or not do that part, I can get by without it. I don't think 1 or 2 caused the bans, they're theories though, I think 3 is the most likely since it really comes off the heels of starting it. I'm expecting a call back with more details about the ban hopefully. They said they'll contact me and will e-mail me the TOS, as if I need it.
Just for clarity, you think the reason you got banned is that you went online and either used NTR, the patch, or the simultaneous rom+game combo? I highly suspect it might be the last one, because of your gateway rom is a dump you made and you used the same header, you might have triggered the same flag as public headers.

MadMageKefka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably won't ever try it...I don't want Nintendo to hate me more than they do now by evading bans...I prefer to use my other 3ds for online than using its seed to unban my banned N3ds because I don't want both banned...
Well... No harm in trying the public seed on the banned system. Its already perma-banned.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Only people who turn green need to see a doctor.