Gaming Has anyone gotten banned from playing Pokemon Moon online?

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is just fear mongering. If they COULD tell, as it's been stated many many times we would have been banned long before this. 11.2 has been out for a while now and plenty have use "unauthorized" cart dumps to play online indefinitely without a hitch. None of that adds up at all. They are most likely just telling you they can to scare you away from piracy etc. They are a video game company.

Well the thing is all the ppl from NoE and NoA can do is talk about the information that NoJ provided since all bans are apparently handled through Nintendo of Japan if I understand this correctly.

Reactions: Majickhat55

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Well no because that'd mean they cant tell the difference between ppl using the cartridge or the CIA since it would be considered the same

Aurora said in reddit that they easly can tell if you are playing a .cia or a cartridge game. I would get the post and copy it here.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone in US essentially gets a clone of the same cartridge, everyone in Eur gets a clone of the SAME cartridge with a different serial, so on and so forth....

Helix Fossil

DQ Fan Translator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, if a 3DS is the only thing you have linked with your NNID then you have an NNID ban. If your NNID is also linked to a WiiU then you have a console ban. A console ban is "easier" to deal with I guess, at least it doesn't involve forgoing all your purchases and eShop activity on the current NNID.

Reactions: fodder

randomt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Supposedly the freeshop has sun/moon now and detects the leaked cia indicating no difference between the two copies so honestly zero clue if the leak is bad at this point perhaps it was just all of us somehow obtaining the game early and using the servers (reviewers told not to) easy trap there.
It should be perfectly safe though yes. but keep in mind a majority of us are banned lmao so take our advice with a grain of salt I suppose.

I don't see it yet.
Anything I should do?

edit: nvm it's there

Last edited by randomt,

Zan'

2F88744FEED717856386400A44BBA4B9CA62E76A32C715D4F
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it has anything to do with the Lurantis' CIA though. Because I do know a reviewer (who got copy early) who has been going online (despite being warned) and got banned for it.
However he was able to sort out the issue by contacting Nintendo and they lifted his ban. (Apparently they also asked fo a picture of the cartridge and the 3DS serial).

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But how the fk did they identify the pirated version?
The version string is the same as the cartridge. The only thing they couldve checked is the header which wouldnt have been a private one
The authentication is different, digital games use some console-unique info while carts use some info in the cart "private header" (which is actually some cart-unique data grouped together), which Nintendo is able to check for validity (you can't use fake data), so it means they can also tell "cart data" and "console data" apart to do that check. So assuming reviewers were sent carts, they just had to ban anyone who authenticated to the game's online using the "console data".

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The authentication is different, digital games use some console-unique info while carts use some info in the cart "private header" (which is actually some cart-unique data grouped together), which Nintendo is able to check for validity (you can't use fake data), so it means they can also tell "cart data" and "console data" apart to do that check. So assuming reviewers were sent carts, they just had to ban anyone who authenticated to the game's online using the "console data".
I thought so. No wonder the Gateway/Sky3DS people didnt get banned at all

Last edited by Noroxus,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention if it was a blanket ban as suspected, ANYONE playing online early would have been banned because they were not just checking headers. It seems more likely they were checking something serverside when connected online ingame like your NNID,SEcureinfo etc etc. Otherwise (and I'm not saying it's certain) there wouldn't have been reports of legit cart users being banned at all.Nintendo would have simply bypassed them when they saw those people online had unique game headers and not console ones.

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
That would be the header if they checked.
A .cia uses the consoleID as header while carts use their own so it would be distinguishable

"I seem to recall (from reading it here, a very long time ago in the brickway days) that to access online carts use some data from the cart-unique info, while with digital games console-unique info is used instead. If Nintendo knows which is which (and it's likely, as they are able identify if the cart data is valid, so there has to be a "is cart-unique data"/"is console-unique data" flag of sorts in the data sent to the servers) all they need to do is ban everyone who goes online using a CIA version of S/M. Reviewers are unaffected as they use carts. Would be interesting to know if people who use brickway with the .3ds + a private cart header were banned (I doubt so).

Then after confirmation of gateway users not getting banned:

So there you have the reason :P Nothing wrong with the game dump itself, but using a "digital version" of a game still unreleased on eShop makes them able to tell. This also means that anyone who doesn't connect to the in-game online stuff won't get banned."

Again, i dont know shit about this. People in here say so many things that i dont know what to belive. I want to know if the lurantis .cia have a problem... if they can tell because of that .cia... And if a new .cia with the seed would be ok. Again people here is so confused.

Last edited by alexj9626,

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see it yet.
Anything I should do?
I just booted up freeshop and Moon/Sun are very first 2 results unless you mean you don't see it on your games list in which case I suppose uninstall cia and install through freeshop.

if you don't see it on freeshop do you have the right keysdb link thingy? or have you let it upate its cache? (It just did it when I booted)

Noroxus

Margen67 Supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Sorry gotta quote again.
Wouldnt it be kinda stupid on Nintendos part to do a blanket ban then? They wouldve just needed to filter out the private headers, but they didnt bother

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That makes sense but how would that explain the legit cart users who were still banned? Assuming that's true anyway, unless of course it's not. Haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Its all bout dat boof.