Homebrew Has anyone got this working?

Have you gotten Moonshell 2 to work with the EZ Flash 3 in 1 expantion pack's RAM? (if so, please po

• Original 3 in 1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New 3 in 1

• 3 in 1 Plus

• GBA Sized 3 in 1

• It is not working (no expantion memory found).

• Total voters

Sir G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering if someone has got the new 3 in 1 to work with Moonshell 2. It shows up as new 3 in 1 on GBA Exploader, not 3 in 1+. Also, if I have the 16 MByte of RAM detected, will I be able to play a 24 FPS, 1028kb/sec DPG without lag? Any help would be appreciated.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To my knowledge, slot-2 RAM is only used by Moonshell to help decode large JPEG images. It shouldn't do anything to improve video playback. Slot-2 RAM is much slower than on-board RAM, so using it for high-performance stuff isn't really a good idea.

Sir G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I begin, thank you very much for replying to my topic. It is helpful.

Anyways, whoever got the New 3 in 1 to work, could you please post instructions?

I have tried using GBA Exploader from the Supercard OS, but Moonshell does not recognize the expantion RAM when I boot it up. If it is possible for GBA Exploader to bring me to Moonshell upon setting the RAM expantion, possibly it could be detected. If anyone can help me do this, again, it would be very helpful and I would be very thankful.

mauripena

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
the 3in1 ram is recognised by moonshell when it is GBA sized. (i have heard so)
I have the lite and no, it doesn't recognise it.
the 3in1 RAM isn't slow, and it improves the performance by copying all the files in PSRAM and run them when moonshell needs them.

but I am waiting for an update in moonshell so it can recagnise the 3in1 lite, and plus and all these kinds of 3in1...

Sir G

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much again. Now that I know how it works, it makes me more hopeful to get it working. How does the RAM improve the DPG playback? Also, is
[email protected] Moonlight's email address? Thank you for any answers again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk