Homebrew app Has anyone been banned for using switch-time online in Pokemon?

Natsume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I missed a few events in Pokemon Violet/Scarlet and wanted to generate some of my missing wondercards with the correct date, but to do that I have to change the NetworkSystemClock of my Switch with the switch-time homebrew app while using the Mystery Gifts feature online, causing a possible desync with Nintendo's server.
I already use JKSV on my SYSNAND so I am aware that there is a risk.
I just wanted to know if anyone have experienced being banned for this specifically before I attempt.
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Natsume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is always a chance for a ban because of the homebrew.
Oh, absolutely. I'm not disagreeing on that. But it's clear that there's some homebrew that's less of a concern such as JKSV as I've been using that since 2018 with no problem. Was hoping that switch-time would fall in the same category instead of triggering an insta-ban like an NSP file would.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Backup your main save then edit the block data to inject any of the events with PkHex. Don’t restore the backup and go online with it as that is asking for trouble. Once you have the event mons you can transfer to your main save without issue. I’ve done this for practically every 7* raid and now I have them all on my main save that I use for comp. No ban.

Natsume

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Backup your main save then edit the block data to inject any of the events with PkHex. Don’t restore the backup and go online with it as that is asking for trouble. Once you have the event mons you can transfer to your main save without issue. I’ve done this for practically every 7* raid and now I have them all on my main save that I use for comp. No ban.
I've injected raids before on a dummy save with no issue. Do you know if it's possible to inject wondercards clientside?

_keroro_

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I missed a few events in Pokemon Violet/Scarlet and wanted to generate some of my missing wondercards with the correct date, but to do that I have to change the NetworkSystemClock of my Switch with the switch-time homebrew app while using the Mystery Gifts feature online, causing a possible desync with Nintendo's server.
I already use JKSV on my SYSNAND so I am aware that there is a risk.
I just wanted to know if anyone have experienced being banned for this specifically before I attempt.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
Did you get an answer? I, too, want to know if going online on Pokémon with switchtime modified can cause an instaban

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one